Top mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top mounts

Anyone used Blue H/D top mounts and are they any good. Also best place to buy rear subframe mounts.

thanks.
    Last edited by bilko0795; 24 September 2012, 13:53.

Are they the Mahle ones?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

No they are Oem ones from a guy on ebay urquattrob.

Comment

I have used them in the past.
        Cannot say I found any difference in how long they lasted.

Now on pro-mounts and hope to forget about top mount problems.

By the way,a simple solution for the top mounts are the mount savers which would allow the mounts to last longer. Mance makes them, same person doing the pro-mounts

sent with WSGS3

Comment

Blues were originally fitted on the rear of CQ/S2. There pretty much identical to the front except they sit ~5mm lower. Some people claim they last longer but i dont believe they make any difference. The fronts were originally black and were replaced with the greens, but who knows if there is any difference in the rubber used etc. Personally i would put more weight into who manufactures them, i have seen half a dozen different makes and generally the more recognized the name, the better they last. Think OE were made by Boge. I have a set of the Meyle HD on order to try and i've been through everything else and curious to see how they last. The best so far were the pro mounts, if you can get your hands on a set..
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I emailed mance the other day and I got a swift response. Maybe he is back

sent with WSGS3

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
              No they are Oem ones from a guy on ebay urquattrob.
              Before you buy them check the price from Audi, some of his stuff is more expensive than buying from a dealer.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Meyle HDs are better than the OE ones but they still don't last long with spirited driving (read abuse)
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                  I emailed mance the other day and I got a swift response. Maybe he is back

sent with WSGS3
                  Could you PM me the email address you used, I've been trying to get hold of him for over 6 months

Comment

top mounts

Hi mate , did your top mounts fit ok .I,ve just purchased the top mounts from ebay that you bought .The part number 857412355a doesnt match up with the ones that would normaly fit the s2 857412323b or 8A0412323d .Im struggling to trace the part number + were your mounts black with a blue top and not blue allover as in the photo.A vag supplier i rang today could not trace the part number.

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      Before you buy them check the price from Audi, some of his stuff is more expensive than buying from a dealer.

Comment

I've went through 2 sets of OEM green ones, and now a set of meyle HD's. I am on H&R monotube with powerflex bushes, and the OEM ones started clattering
                        right after being fitted, and the current HD's didn't last very long either, although it's not that bad at the moment (passengers don't notice it lol). And yes, everything else is correct on my front suspension. I've read up on it and other S2/RS2's in germany with stiff suspensions share the same experience, with a lot of cars that clatter immediatly after mounting them. Problem would be play in the bearing.

Now I have ordered a set of Parts Comp topmounts ( a german tuning company), which are using custom upgraded bearings. They've had nothing but good comment and a lot of people reporting that they finally got rid of their topmount rattles. Curious if my experience will be the same, but got good hope for it!

Comment

@Avantus Let us know of your experiences with the Part Comp mounts after some time in service please.
                          Do you have a web link to the these parts? Thanks.

Comment

http://www.partscomp.de//index.php?p...emart&Itemid=1

not cheap at 119€. Will certainly report on these ones!

Comment

Mance's Pro-mounts are excellent BTDT on couple of cars for years now, no issues no failures.
                              Last set I got were CompBrake solid units for mu '84 ur-q, and no issue in 2 years.
                              I have Eibach and Billie HDs on that one.

Just my BTDT
                              www.quattro.ca
                              B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                              B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X