Retrim headlining avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrim headlining avant

As I've stripped the old headlining material and also removed the old foam and glue I was wondering what had people used for retrimming again , I'm changing color but am unsure what thickness and where to buy from any help would be good cheers

I used Black foam backed headliner fabric 5mm on ebay when doing mine. Also use the correct glue. I used 3M Super 90.

Mine:
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=263
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I've redone mine in grey alcantara type fabric. You can buy it on Ebay with the foam backing already gluid on to it.
      I can recommend buying some extra in the same colour but without the foam backing to trim the A,B and C pillars with.

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
        I used Black foam backed headliner fabric 5mm on ebay when doing mine. Also use the correct glue. I used 3M Super 90.

Mine:
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=263
        Looks fantastic Eric, I did look for it in your pm u sent but couldn't find Which one , I have found some 3mm foam backed material i wanted to make sure it wasn't too thick cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post
          I've redone mine in grey alcantara type fabric. You can buy it on Ebay with the foam backing already gluid on to it.
          I can recommend buying some extra in the same colour but without the foam backing to trim the A,B and C pillars with.
          I will do the same too for the a,b and c pillars cheers

Comment

Hi,

I went thru replacing my headlining a while back and hit a problem with the glue not sticking, its important to keep the board clean and dry, check out the thread called "Headlining Adhesive Problem"

I used grey alcantara and did all the pillar trims. Its a time consuming job but its worth the effort.

Good luck.

PAUL

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
              Looks fantastic Eric, I did look for it in your pm u sent but couldn't find Which one , I have found some 3mm foam backed material i wanted to make sure it wasn't too thick cheers
              I had a quick look on eBay and the seller doesn't sell it any more
              Which ever material you get make sure its 4-way stretch material. Otherwise you could get wrinkles around the tight areas
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
                Hi,

I went thru replacing my headlining a while back and hit a problem with the glue not sticking, its important to keep the board clean and dry, check out the thread called "Headlining Adhesive Problem"

I used grey alcantara and did all the pillar trims. Its a time consuming job but its worth the effort.

Good luck.

PAUL
                Cheers Paul I can get some good adhesive

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                  I had a quick look on eBay and the seller doesn't sell it any more
                  Which ever material you get make sure its 4-way stretch material. Otherwise you could get wrinkles around the tight areas
                  Cheers mate il have a look tonight

Comment

Working...
                  X