Typhoon planes Sonic boom Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoon planes Sonic boom Yorkshire

im surprised they was allowed to do it over land!! Anyone else in Yorkshire heard this?

Must of been responding to a threat. Russan bomber incoming?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Air France flight losing comms which landed at Newcastle apparently...
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Must be a nightmare of a job flying a fighter doing that sorta work... Wish I was so unlucky lol

Comment

Our house was shaking (pretty good feeling ) But yeah, apparently Air France lost comms.
          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

When I was a kid growing up in Southern California, sonic booms were a common occurrence. Eventually the powers that be banned them over land. The last ones I ever heard was while living in Florida when the Shuttle would land after a mission.
            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
              When I was a kid growing up in Southern California, sonic booms were a common occurrence. Eventually the powers that be banned them over land. The last ones I ever heard was while living in Florida when the Shuttle would land after a mission.
              I'm sure they're not allowed sonic booms over cities for fun either, but when national security is at stake, man's gotto do what man's gotto do
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Some countries are less fussy, Greece for example.
                When they still had the money to fly their jets I've had training runs go over my head at low level, supersonic, down through the mainland mountain valleys and out into the Aegean towards Turkey.

Doesn't half wake you up at breakfast time having a pair of supersonic jets go over at about 200ft! And if you're very quick you can see them heading out to sea. Usually in pairs.

Comment

We never heard it. Are lass was talking at the time
                  Rob..
                  94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                  87 UR 20v ABY
                  97 S6 Avant
                  96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                  1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Had one over northamptonshire few months back, two euro fighters booted it from Lincolnshire across to Bristol area and opened em up over Northants on route to an unresponsive airliner apparently...

Amazing how people reacted to what they thought they'd heard ! All the emergency lines had a melt down !

Comment

Sonic Boom

The Northants sonic boom was loud .. made my next door neighbour come out .. he then spoke to my wife and asked what had " I " done now ? .. assuming that i had caused an explosion thumbs:

Comment

Haha yep from down your end up to Kettering area everyone heard it so I knew it was big as the local radio station switchboard lit up, .... I thought it was a gas bottle chucked on a fire on the next farm !

Comment

When Concorde was flying, used to hear booms every day here in west Cornwall, when they opened up over the sea, outbound flights at around 4:30 daily. Everyone denied the cause though
                            '91 3B Coupe

Comment

Interesting. Did you get the double boom or just 1. Did they fly round the bottom of Ireland then.

Comment

Working...
                              X