Yet another E Bay one NCTS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another E Bay one NCTS.

This is a nice car but despite reading the whole advert I find myself knowing very little. Also there's no Reg plates so that may make tracing it harder, be interested if any of you guys recognise it or have any info, cheers.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2523601959...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just looked at his other ads and he has two more S cars for sale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    96 UrS6
    96 UrS6 Avant
    Previous:
    '87 coupe quattro, '85 90 quattro
    '95 S2 Avant '89, 200 quattro 1b
    '00 Allroad 2.7T, '02 S6 V8 Avant

'96 A6 2.5 TDI quattro Avant.

Comment

Been on the bay a couple times if I'm right

Comment

I think he's trade and yes it has been on at least once before. It looks like it' been someone's pride and joy once but I wanted to know more about the car, not just that some garage has serviced it regularly. I haven't phoned I must admit but I am not sure I am genuinely interested and I don't like to make people think I am if I am not, it's not really fair but I am tempted.

Comment

I messaged him as I am very interested asking if he was open to offers as I would be traveling from the northeast and his simply replied "no the price is £6000"

The peace was £6500 last week but not body even sniffed at that

I think it's not worth more that £5000

Comment

No engine bay shots lcd screen is knacked

Comment

Yup it's got a few problems but there are some signs of care and attention there. I would want to know what the brakes and suspension are and that i's not a Diesel under the bonnet, a few choice mods her and there would be good. Also don't like the fixed price
              George, your closer than me so would beat me in a race there anyway, so I am not going to fight you for it, let us know how you get on though just for my future information, when the one I don't post on here, until I have bough it, comes up

Comment

Same guy who is/was trying to punt a coupe on for £11k but gets greedy shill bidding his own listings up...

Comment

Shouldn't it have an airbag steering wheel for that year?
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

If the dash is reading 26.5 degrees, he's clearly had it a long time. Even more so if the time is 20:05 according to the dash. Thats serious temperature for after 8pm! July heat wave last year possibly?
                    B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Not sure if anyone has noticed the price is now back up to £7500
                      I've tried getting some answers out of the seller to the previous posts but have had no luck

Comment

odd pricing strategy. I don't get it either.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum as I've been flirting with the idea of an s2 for a little while. I went to see this car yesterday, which is probably why he put the price up.

We had a notional p/x deal under discussion which rapidly disintegrated into him being not interested in my car and basically £6k or nothing, my car was exactly as described.

This though is irrelevant as I wouldn't have done a deal on this car with this company anyway, even if they agreed to what I was asking for. The car itself would make a good project for someone who knew what they were doing, ie not me.

The bodywork seemed good, interior good as described - headlining aside, wheels are clean, the car seemed a bit sluggish to me, though I've never driven others to compare.

It may have been the fuel tank bracket (?) but that was heavily corroded, engine bay was cosmetically rough, lots of disintegrating sound proofing, front screen was delaminating, struts gone on boot.

The dealer criticized my cars service history, but the avants had tipexing in one of the recent dates, and one which appears to have been done at a boat yard.

A good project if it was at the right price, so it looks like it will sit for a while.
                          Last edited by bad latitude; 27 April 2016, 11:50.

Comment

Sound like a typical dodgy dealer, car would not be for me either ans I don't think 6/6.5 grand's worth either by the sound of it. It was on E.Bay for £6500 then he reduced it, interestingly last night I noticed it had gone up again. Tippexed service History, service from a Boat yard.....lol.
                            Cheers for the info and like your username, I can never think of anything decent when the time comes, as you can probably see

Comment

i think this car has now sold anyone shed any light ?

Comment

Working...
                              X