Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KONI Sport Suspension Kit with H&R coils -30MM

Hi, guys,

I want to buy this KONI and H&R -30mm suspension kit for my S2 avant 1995 and I found this number: 1140-9091
    I thought that suspensions were the same on S2 Avant and RS2 but reference is different for RS2: 1140-9691.
    Price is not the same:
    1140-9091: 944,56€
    1140-9691: 1231,57€

No precisions... RS2 are better and fits on my car or not ? If someone could explain me de difference between this two references ?

Hi!
    On the Etka, we can see how the springs are the same if the two cars have AirCon.

See that on H&R.
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Comment

Ah! Only the ARBs are differents.
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

Hi M_GORDON, thanks for your kindly reply

Great to see your photo... I got the same Audi S8D2 1st gen. wheels with 12mm BRATEX spacers and 225/40/18 tyres. Waiting on to buy this KONI kit to fit them on my car.
        I got air con, but I am no further ahead... 1st ref or 2nd one ??? I think ARB which are not the same is not relevant, or ?

Air con or not gives more or less wheight, that's all or ?

So, differences between this two kits stay in differences between the two dampers but not the coils I think, or ?

No explanation about the details about dampers and coils for that kits on KONI webpages or any sources.

Still under discussion.........

Comment

I don't know about the Koni kit specifically, but with the H&R springs there are two kits for the S2 Avant and RS2 Avant. The RS2 set has a slightly firmer spring rate, and the rears are slightly firmer in relation to the fronts. I cant think of any reason why there would be any difference in weight between an S2 and RS2 so i assume the difference in the rear spring rate was chosen to better suit the firmer roll bars on the RS2.

I've run both sets on my S2 with an RS2 front bar, and neuspeed rear and i prefer the RS2 springs. I bought all mine second hand but from memory there was a considerable difference in price for both sets when new.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Great mcandmar !

As you see, the price difference between the 2 products is significant... but I want the best for my car... so long as it fits ! So I will buy this RS2 Koni kit with H&R lower coils.

Hearing you, I think to change front and rear ARB too:
            -Front: RS2 (just to find it): I thought that front ARB on S2 Avant are the same as on RS2 since 1995, right or not ? Diameter ?
            -Rear: If I understand well, A4/S4/RS4 Neuspeed ARB with lower anchor and 19mm diameter fits ?

It begins to be clear for me... just a little bit more informations and it would be ok.

Thanks to all

Comment

I don't think the S2 ever got the RS2 front bar, i don't even know if they are still available from Audi?

The rear one is a must have, i believe this is the one you want http://www.neuspeed.com/18/0/0/1643/...-bar-19mm.html
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Viewing ETKA, I saw that my S2 Avant ARB sizes 26mm while RS2 ARB is 27mm. No more available by Audi since 2013... but available on Trshop (Auditradition) for 380€ (425USD).
                Thank you for your link... this is really an A4/S4/RS4 product which fits on my S2 avant... crazy !

Comment

Hi!
                  What done at last?

I forget this threat and I just bought a S2 kit from H&R, that's a pitty...
                  And besides that, now she goes terribly bad... My Konis must be very tired.

Don't know if put some new Konis or instal some new B8.
                  How goes your avant now if you instal the lower springs?

Thanks mate
                  photobucket SUCKS
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X