After the massive boost leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the massive boost leak.

Just spent half an hour getting the car up on stands and swapping boost hoses from the lower intercooler outlet on the S6 after it developed a massive split at the 3 counties run.A massive thanks to Kit who made the repair and to Royston for supplying the tape that make this forum such a great place to be thanks guys!

Anyway on removal i noticed some slight corrosion from the bottom alloy outlet (S4 being alloy rather than plastic S6 headers)a nice bonus there then, cleaned up all surfaces with meths and fitted the hose. Went for a drive and she flies again easily reaching 2.1 boost and felt very strong but i notice a slight hesitancy on a very light part throttle,other than that i reckon she boosts better than ever really strong but for a slight hesitancy on a very light part throttle. As i'm fairly newish, well only the last couple years to I5 turbos, i'm wondering if i have to reset the fault codes or could it be after that slow long drive back from Yorkshire the plugs may be fowled? Any suggestions anybody?

Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 27 May 2016, 18:27.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Classic "Michelin Man" UrS boost hose failure. This is why "god" invented Samcos.

There might be a residual code from the ECU reacting to the massive boost leak. Suggest you review the post I wrote on pulling codes and clear the code. Or just remove the cable on the negative terminal of the battery for 10 minutes (have the radio code handy because it will go into SAFE mode).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Glad you've fixed her Mark, no worries on trying to help get you out of a jam, am always happy to try and assist other members. As I said at the time if I'd had my normal full mobile workshop I'd have been able to do a better job which while looking unsightly would have held. I normally carry various hose's, bit's of steel pipe, jubilee clips and a junior hack saw and would have been able to fabricate something. It was a last minute decision to drive Charlie's LHD RS2 so I forgot the box of stuff I normally take on long trips and just slung my tools in the car along with a spare fuel pump and MAF.

Big thanks to Charlie for entrusting me with his most recent acquisition, I loved every minute of the trip, have to say I found the LHD car handles really well, our blast down the A49 was somewhat 'spirited' so it's safe to say the car is now cobweb free.

As Dave says simply disconnect the negative battery lead for 10 to 15 min's and that will clear any stored codes.

Edit- Motronic also adapts so it will take a few miles for the ECU to optimise it's settings after being upset by the leak.
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 27 May 2016, 19:06.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks chaps! I'll do that after the curry take away.

Good to see you again Kit and those very nice RS2s

Here's a little clip from Michael S2 (thanks Mike) demonstrating the lovely cars in beautiful surrounding only to be hugely compromised by a weezing windbag of an S6. After Johns fruity tunes in the CQ come what i can only describe as superb car comedy sketch.

https://youtu.be/J-fhaWzsu6U

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

That red Ur sounds amazing. Saw one at Barnsley couple of weeks ago, they look superb with bags of presence. I'll get to one of these one day
          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

That;s Roystons 10v Ur.Nice isn't it .. .. .. .. ...You'll have to make it to one of these janis!
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              That;s Roystons 10v Ur.Nice isn't it .. .. .. .. ...
              Nice car, nice bloke.........and he's not afraid to drive it!

Comment

Yep lovely bloke,great laugh and just the way it should be John.. .. .. driven instead of being a garage queen!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

....... instead of being a garage queen!
                  That's kinda what I was getting at
                  There's a bunch o' bell ends out there that polish the fook out of them and keep them all day every day in a fooking garage.
                  Ok, I admit I do polish the crap out my CQ('cause it's worth it!).......but it's ready for action all year round.

Life's too short.

Comment

That;s Roystons 10v Ur.Nice isn't it .. .. .. .. ...You'll have to make it to one of these janis!
                    I hope I can afford Ur one day, that's the dream. These trips always happen at the wrong time. Scotland Tour happened when my engine was under maintenance and now I'm in exam period
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

[QUOTE=hunker7;907043 These trips always happen at the wrong time. Scotland Tour happened when my engine was under maintenance and now I'm in exam period [/QUOTE]

You'll get there mate will be good to have you along!
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Warp Drive has been reinstated! She's going better than ever now.Must have had a small leak before.

Jeez these cars are awesome!!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                          That's kinda what I was getting at
                          There's a bunch o' bell ends out there that polish the fook out of them and keep them all day every day in a fooking garage.
                          Ok, I admit I do polish the crap out my CQ('cause it's worth it!).......but it's ready for action all year round.

Life's too short.

Spot on Johny boy!

No matter how nice my S6 will eventually look it will always be used!
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

any meets coming up I should know about?

Your's is still stock right? I'd say remap, but you're going Volvo route aren't you?
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                              any meets coming up I should know about?

Your's is still stock right? I'd say remap, but you're going Volvo route aren't you?

There aren't any that i'm aware of Janis.But there will be later in the year!

It's stock as far as i know, it just pulls with a big fat boost from low down building hard and progressive from 2.5 k rpm's and instant enough maybe not a good as Volvo instant but still nice all the same. I drove Richards old S6 avant you know the one with the number plate URS 620V that was prj chipped felt very laggy but then interstellar warp speed kicked in,mines not like that. I would say a well maintained looked after one is still a very nice ride. Yeah i'm going Volvo route just need to get my head back from JP

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X