This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEMS I5 Maps

Since many people are interested in VEMS maps i thought that maybe it is time to share some maps with you.

*********WARNING*******HANDLE WITH CARE*************
    Attached Files
    Go Holset or Go RS4

What size siemens injectors? and define bigger turbo? i'm guessing the holset mentioned in your sig?

I am interested in maps since i'm about to get my vems set up running.

Is the ADU file a completely stock map? or is it with the siemens as well? (i would be VERY interested in that map!)

Comment

Siemens Deka are 630ccm.

Bigger turbo is HX40 with machined K26 housing.

The ADU is with stock injectors. Maybe a bit on the rich side. Note that you need to check Lambda, Ignition and the rest of the outputs before you use one of these maps. If you have a map up and running you can compare with these.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

sorry that i am noob here, but it is msq file instead of vemscfg.. as far as i know msq is for megatune, so how to convert it to vemscfg?

Comment

Originally posted by donce View Post
          sorry that i am noob here, but it is msq file instead of vemscfg.. as far as i know msq is for megatune, so how to convert it to vemscfg?
          You can't 1.1.27 you use megatune to tune a vems unit, for the higher firmwares you use vemstune.

The only way would be to upload the file via megatune to the ecu and then save it via vemstune.

That would be pointless though as vemstune isn't better than megatune for 1.1.27

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
            Since many people are interested in VEMS maps i thought that maybe it is time to share some maps with you.

*********WARNING*******HANDLE WITH CARE*************
            o.k helpful review

In the Secondary Trigger settings the sectrig minimum angle should be 0 according to the vems forum

The injector order looks wrong?

decrease the rich limit from 50% to 5-10% in ego closed loop, if you get a misfire it reads lean and the ecu will throw in too much fuel

If you click on the validate config button ( the tick arrow next to log ) you have a lot of the same conflicts I had.

Some can be easily removed

Comment

now Jamo it is your turn to share your vemstune or megatune files
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

the trigger settings i think are unique for each ECU and also Billman's ECU dates quite further back when some features that are now built in it, wherent there, hence the different settings.

Obviously the basic settings such as triggers and such are not the ones to look for here.Its the map tables mostly, so as to get an idea of what works for different users!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                  o.k helpful review

In the Secondary Trigger settings the sectrig minimum angle should be 0 according to the vems forum

The injector order looks wrong?

decrease the rich limit from 50% to 5-10% in ego closed loop, if you get a misfire it reads lean and the ecu will throw in too much fuel

If you click on the validate config button ( the tick arrow next to log ) you have a lot of the same conflicts I had.

Some can be easily removed
                  Secondary trigger 0 is for Inverted ECUs. I run non inverted (but if i want i have an inline adaptor from mark). Non inverted is 8 where inverted is 0.

Ignition output is also different.

I am aware of the EGO thing but i saved it as is because i wanted to see on the fly how far was i on the map.
                  Last edited by Billman; 6 October 2010, 09:13.
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Erm guys look at what I posted before trying to shoot me down.

I said sectrig minimum angle, this is the hall dirac filter which is universal if you are using auditrigger.

http://195.159.109.134/vemsuk/forum/...ic,1402.0.html

I confirmed this with another vems guy up in the food chain

Comment

aaaa, i was blind and dint read the whole thing. but would it help me in general or only if i have trigger error to see them?

At this time it doesnt show any trigger errors at all.
                      Last edited by Billman; 6 October 2010, 20:32.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

here is mine 1.1.27, GT3071R 0.63AR on OEM RS2 inlet/EM, 440 injectors, 3inch downpipe (previous setup that is. current is still undergoing changes)

i have used winrar to archive it, but changed the extention to upload it. it does open with winzip though.

hope it helps

In general i would recommend to leave aside any patronising behaviour. We all like to do the same thing, and this thread may help potential hobbists that have the same view as ourselves and that is to have fun tuning their car and enjoy. Better choise of words and patience is always appreciated.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                          now Jamo it is your turn to share your vemstune or megatune files
                          depends what your after, I have a collection

Comment

Here is a new stroker map, idles and accelerates smooth and strong after a vacuum line issue is sorted out.
                            Attached Files
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

There really should be a sticky for people to post VEMStune files.

I have a bunch of tunes from stock turbo 3b on stock injectors. I also have a tune for stock turbo and 440cc green tops and one for LOW BOOST Holset H1C and stock injectors.

The most useful is a tune for 1100cc FIC injectors and a Holset HX35/H1C. The tune on the 1100's is really conservative because I haven't had the time to lean it out and add timing, but its very safe to start on. If anyone wants any of these let me know. The stock turbo tune on stock injectors is very nice and rips HARD.

Comment

Working...
                              X