Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAN/ABY with 01E 6sp lightest flywheel/clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN/ABY with 01E 6sp lightest flywheel/clutch?

ive asked in trasmission section with no real help so will ask here!

what flywheel and clutch (lightest possible) would be used to mate the following together

A4 01E DQT 6sp gearbox (standard 2.5tdi V6)
    AAN engine with STD AAN Motronic sensors
    about 400bhp give or take

so i need 7a flywheel? (referance sensor points?)
    RS2 clutch
    What release bearing?

will it all bolt together without the engine/box spacer? (dont use one now with the AAN, dual mass and my gearbox)

i hate not knowing about stuff like this, gimme a Cosworth and i would indeed be such Guru-ish

thankyou
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

if you don't use a duel mass you can bin the spacer (with the exception of the aan flywheel as i've had one before without a spacer) a 3b or 7a clutch will work.

Clutch wise there is so much to choose from, southbends what i'd look at.

Comment

DJH, im a bit confused still.......

i dont run a spacer and run an AAN complete wth dual mass, NO spacer, and the 01E DQT and had no issues untill i killed the clutch

i will probebly run a direct engagment unsprung SACHS drive plate and heavy duty SACHS cover plate in 240mm 23spline fittment,

will these work with a very light 7a flywheel? or ally aftermarket flywheel from 034?

any other flywheel sugestions as Dan from 034 blatently refuses to reply with a descent answer even after spending so much cash with them lol.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

The ABY dual mass is much thicker than the AAN, thats why it needs the spacer and the AAN does not.

Comment

You can run a 7A or 3B flywheel with a 3B pressure plate, it will have the same combined thickness as the AAN fly and pressure plate. The realise bearing should be the one that is for that gearbox.

Comment

NG flywheel should work too
            800HP 800++Nm

Comment

i always thaught the AAN flywheel was same as ABY........ well i learn something new every time i ask questions!

i guess i should never have sold my 7a flywheel!

with regards to the release bearing, i didnt know if they had a different radius for different clutch fingers like some fords ive made hybrids from

Cheers Lads

Comment

Fidanza ally one is about as light as it gets. 3B is marginally lighter than 7A and both use a different style clutch to the ABY and you'll need the centre FW bearing. Clutch wise, there are plenty of options with Sachs being regarded as high quality but pricey and plenty if more cost effectivr solutions being available.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

What release bearing is needed for the 3B pressure plate? I'm using the 3B kit on 1.9tdi with flat PP and I will go to DQT gearbox in the future and I'm thinking at a metal bearing? How was the OEM bearing, metallic or with grafit (like sachs)? The metallic one produces noises?
                  Other question: Can I use the actual clutch 1Z (flat) FW with 3B 240mm kit and same starter with DQT gearbox? DQT has dual bolt pattern?

Comment

Hi did you get anywhere with correct clutch?

Comment

Working...
                    X