URS6 faulty ISV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS6 faulty ISV

I had been experiencing hard warm starts - like only after 3-4 hours and the car was a bit hesitant to start , any shorter period standing still caused no problems, and the occasional fast idle - 1000 rpm for a few seconds. Only until last week I thought everything was right until car refused to start , so I gave it a bit of throttle so then I clicked ISV might be at fault . . . Quick solution ( it was - 20 C at the time ) was to simply disconnect it , and it somehow transformed the car more eager to build boost , spool is down a few hundred rpm . Question is , is this possible, I am thinking that motronic compensates in a way for the faulty ISV ( tested in on a car while working and it moves ,maybe a bit filthy , will try it again this weekend ) , and cutting boost/advance/fuel ???

I've finally beaten mine. I've swapped 3 ISV's and all were faulty at some point. Had too high of an idle & after a longer drive the RPM stuck on ~1600. And yes, the car gets a bit more lively with a working ISV. I just got fed up and bought a new Bosch ISV based on the catalog part number.

After disconnecting and reconnecting it the car seemed fine for a while. But after another start it bugged again.

Try with a known working ISV if you have the chance.

Comment

I got a good second hand one to try off a friend and it performs nicely. What bugs me is that the difference in power delicery from idle to full boost is quite big, hence the question above ...

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Comment

That is bad maf symptom
        1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Please explain

Comment

Hard warm start at my car was maf problem
            1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Clean your MAF connector as described here on the forum

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Mystery solved -isv was leaking boost big time..

Comment

Working...
                X