Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would you Invest your hard earned cash in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would you Invest your hard earned cash in??

Ok I am thinking of investing £10-15k into a car that has the potential to increase in value!! As we all know the banks are giving nowt and the trend at the moment is to get a car with potential.

I have my eye on a Jaguar XK8 on a 55 plate final edition with sensible miles.

Other options could be:

Audi RS6 c5 model
    BMW M5 2000 model

Question is what would you invest your hard cash in that you think has the potential to increase in value??

Mercedes cls55 amg

Comment

B7 RS4 is a future classic for sure.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I had no idea you can actually get B7 RS4s in the given budget Had a quick look and I think I would just get something like this in a heartbeat.
        https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/2006-...ear/1207018718 NCTS

Judging by what people say about these cars, I'm almost certain their value will start raising in not so distant future.
        1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

All decent choices!! Problem is there is so much choice and its all down to your choice the B7 RS4 is a great example

Comment

B5 RS4, I think they have bottomed and are climbing.

I would see B7 RS4 as too common/new to be an investment currently.

I suspect C5 RS6 will always be undervalued compared to RS4, same as S4/6 v S2.

E39 M5 are nice, and reasonably good value for money as they are underatted, again though M3s will always be more desirable.

Do you just want it as an investment? Do you want to enjoy it as a weekend/daily/practical car? Do you want something like or different to your S2? Other thing is maintenance, paying somebody to fit new cams and turbos to an RS4 will eat into your investment quickly!

Can you still get E46 M3 CSLs in budget or have they gone totally mental?

Z4M coupe.

Elise

Skyline
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Can you still get E46 M3 CSLs in budget or have they gone totally mental

err yes they have anywhere from 40k upwards lol

I always wanted an alfa sz and have been reasonably cheap, 20k ish for donkeys now im in the same quandry the cheapest of those is now about 50k
              http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...pplied/6696228
              Last edited by vonbeck; 17 January 2017, 22:07.
              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Andy I looked last year at E46 M3 CSL and they have gone totally mental anything from a min 40k upto 90k!!!

I guess am looking for something a little different I hate buying bog standard cars I love the S2 as its unique and incredibly rare I like my A6 Le mans I use daily as again its a little different and rare I hate my A4 as its just normal!!! so wife gets that one so am looking for different don't mind a little maintenance use occasionally and I have say the Jag XK8 ticks a lot of boxes???

Comment

The Jag most certainly is not an investment, you have to apply some real man maths to own one. My father bought a 1998 XJR with the 4.0 V8 Supercharged motor and its a real hoot to drive. Just don't expect to get your money back in a few years when you try to sell it. And it will break your heart along the way due to the combination of rust and Ford parts.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Boxster S
                    Porsche 996
                    Landrover 90
                    Audi S2

Comment

BMW E34 M5

Comment

Porsche 996 is a great suggestion, they will always go up in value vs current market prices. Especially if you buy a nice clean manual car.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

'93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

996 is a good shout. Are they really that cheap already?

I'd look at importing something. Was tentatively looking at shipping my Mustang home, and you can buy a rough, modern shape one for circa £5k, import it for £2k on the road and sell for almost £15k in the UK.

Comment

Porsche 996 is a very good option

Comment

Working...
                              X