Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stunning S2 Avant with RS2 upgrades

Hi all,

Bought this S2 Avant a good half year ago as the S2/RS2 virus just kept creeping back.
    2Was a good opportunity and I couldn't resist. Since then however I've bought a house, and a company car arrived... so it's sitting more than being driven.
    Too bad actually since I've done quite a bit to it since I got it!

Before making a global description of the car I'll add what I have done to the car
    to bring it up to my standards. People who know my previous RS2 will know I've got
    a bit of OCD like a few other members here

- Turbo impeller was bent so replaced by a brand new modern version K24 7000, incl all gaskets and studs, even the hard to get WG flexi ones.
    - New N75 and 710N diverter valve
    - PRJ map with 4bar mapsensor
    - Whole bunch of new vacuum lines, clamps, etc
    - Repaired 4 boost leaks and a few hoses... now is absolutely 100% tight
    - Replaced a few slighty leaking coolant hoses (incl the ones under the IM)
    - Fixed a little PAS weeping hoses.
    - New coolant and PAS fluid and cleaned PAS hoses/banjos/etc..
    - A lot of cleaning under the bonnet and replacing small things....
    - Paintwork detailing, claying, some overspray rectifying etc...
    - Lowered the drivers seat a bit for tall people like me
    - Few other little interior details
    - Repaired sticky window/roof relay
    - Andddd i'm probably still forgetting stuff like always

In the end it's now a absolute amazing S2. No leaks under the bonnet.

Full description now:

As a lot of members will know this car was a CAT C. The documentation however
    was there that the repair was done as it should be, and I've had the bumper off and
    you really can't tell indeed... I work at a garage with bodyshop so I can see if it's been rushed or done as it should

So a LOT of very expensive RS2 parts on the car.
    The wheels are genuine 5x130 (and in near mint condition), and so the hubs are also genuine RS2, including the perfect brakes.

As for the other maintenance history up to last year I'll just copy this part here:
    All invoices are present btw, and add up to 20k I'd recon, plus what i've spent on it since i've got it.

All parts were purchased from QST which was Quattro sport back in the day; I have all the receipts with everything detailed of all the upgrades all RS2 parts in Tims list and on the receipts. Ransbrooke of nottingham who did the body repair bill was £2961 alone !!!. Dynalix engine rebuild and remap and parts including and MOT lol was 6,624.06. Finally I have the receipt for the Autolight inspection dated June 1999.
    list of other RS2 Parts fitted;
    Intercooler
    bonnet and grill
    front bumper & lights
    Rear bumper
    Wing mirrors
    front panel
    Slam Panel
    Airflow meter
    Subframe
    Oil cooler & pipes & brackets
    RS2 rear and front brakes.

Since I have bought the car i have had in serviced every year at the a trusted garage who services my TVR chimeara every year so I trust him, and plus other bits and bobs done on it. Unfortuntely I hit a bad pot hole with forced me to have the near side suspension rebulit for safety reasons; The car was freshly serviced when I collected it plus other parts replaced like Airflow meter.

May 2011 full nearside suspension rebuild and tyres £1752.32 Willow sports cars newark mileage 34675
    Nov 2011, annual service, Willow sports cars newark mileage 39762
    Dec 2011 rear hand break stripped and cleaned new shoes fitted and retaining spring, good will as car just serviced. mileage 39875
    Nov 2012 annual service Willowsports newark
    Nov 2012 rebuild lower suspension offside as gaiter had split.
    Dec 2103 annual service 60551
    May 2014 Cambelt, waterpump, cam cover, aux water pump front & rear disks & Pads changed, all calipers removed stripped and cleaned. mileage 64401.
    Bonnet & rear bumper respray as stone chips and scratches were annoying me finally was last year again all receipted.

It really drives absolutely spot on. Engine runs super smooth and stunning with a great PRJ map. Torque comes nice and early... great B road weapon! Gearchange is the slickest i've felt in an S2/RS2, it really shifts like butter with NO play in the shifter. Clutch is nice and soft.
    No clunks or rattles from the suspension, steers perfect, brakes are ofcourse great. It really is and does feel like a 65k B4. No fault codes, as it should be.

Bodywork wise you'll also struggle to find better. The green is beautiful imo, and apart from 2 of the bottom door rubbers that are very slightly bent at the edges there is really very little to see. Pictures speak for themselves I think And as said flawless wheels, and also no cracked lights, windscreen, or rear RS2 reflector! Sitting on 4 brand new Eagly F1 Assymetric 2's.

Interior wise it still has the 2 Recaro seats which give great support, and no damage
    is present. The new RS2 mats ofcourse also included.

It's no forced sale (it' sitting nice and dry at the battery charger in my garage) but
    it should be driven and not standing, so I'm selling it . Makes a great looking and driving S2 Avant for someone

9000gbp

I'll try to add some under the bonnet pics.

Car located in Belgium. All documents and history/invoices included.
    PM for more info.

Cheers,

Steve
    Last edited by Avantus; 6 November 2015, 20:49.

Hi Steve , this is the one that sold on here in April this year right ? does it have rs2 hubs?
    NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

dw just re read the ad ;-)

Comment

Yes they are genuine RS2 5x130 wheels on RS2 studded hubs
        full spare wheel included btw.

Comment

Wow, this car needed some love last time it was for sale, and it looks like it certainly got it
          Looks stunning and to be honest I think its too cheap!
          GLWS
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Looks stunning and to be honest I think its too cheap!
            GLWS
            This.

For the price it's a huge bargain!

Comment

Stunning car, wish I had the money to buy it as it is a unique and rare example of S2 you will ever see. GLWS as it is a awesome car. It's the S2 that everyone wants!
              Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Need the funds..I would have this
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Sold, deposit taken.

Comment

Hope the new owner is on the forum
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

back up for sale... buyer couldn't come up with funds in the end.

Still stunning condition... even had a few extra things done now

See opening post for all the details!

Comment

Great car !

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
                          Great car !
                          With an even greater price.
                          All good for the rest of us

Comment

Tis certainly a good looking car with a good spec and recent work, just a shame its a cat C for me.....9k ? who knows what these are worth these days,prices all over the place. GLWS though.

Comment

^^^^^ As he said.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                              X