X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another typ85 90 Quattro thread

I have a long winded build thread on Class-audi here
    http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=18232

Ill just add a few wee bits here then update here as i hardly use classic-audi anymore.

I bought the car in 2010 as a nearly non runner with KV engine.
    Swapped in ABY, ran it for a year then swapped S2 subframes, wishbones, hubs uprights,996 brakes and all that jazz.

Did a few shuffles of parts then this April i managed to pop driveshaft out of the inner CV on front NS resulting in grease everywhere and having to bodge centre diff lock to get home from track night.

I got carried away with cleaning it up so removed the engine and most of the front end.

I am now in the process of putting it back together.

Galved and painted

Bolted a mates fanimould and HX40S on for fun.

I have a new loom and VEMS sitting in a box ready to fit once all the mechanical bits are finished.

Thats it for now!

How much weight have you saved from getting handy with the grinder?

Looking good.. and leave that turbo on it..
    Stuart
    B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

You've been busy mate. Looks like the old breast is getting a good thrashing from time to time.
      As Stu said, have you saved much weight with that tube front end?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

About time you put a build thread on Martin this car is seriously quick love your work matey

Comment

Absolutely love this car! Great work Martin looks like it will be back even more brutal than before!
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Cheers chaps. It seems to have saved a small amount i think but i didn't weigh it before hand. It was more of a learning exercise and to allow easy access to stuff when i break it.haha.
            I will get it all corner weighted when i am finished. Im moving alot of stuff off the front end to save more front end weight.
            And Stu, i have a slightly smaller one going on but it does look cool with the huge turbo.

Comment

nice project and I shall certainly continue to follow this
              what's your hp goal?
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                nice project and I shall certainly continue to follow this
                what's your hp goal?
                I plan to run stock turbo and injectors to start with whilst I learn vems but I have an md357 turbo to go on when I figure it out. I have a built bottom end to go in but I'm worried about running it in as I'll need to map the ecu to be able to run it in properly which might take too long. Im kind of making things up as I go along.

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                  I plan to run stock turbo and injectors to start with whilst I learn vems but I have an md357 turbo to go on when I figure it out. I have a built bottom end to go in but I'm worried about running it in as I'll need to map the ecu to be able to run it in properly which might take too long. Im kind of making things up as I go along.
                  Why don't you pay valdas to set up your car and map your when he comes over ?

Comment

Nice project Martin.... Keep the pics coming..

Darren

Comment

Run it in on stock ABY ECU with N75 disconnected or wastegate spring removed
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        Run it in on stock ABY ECU with N75 disconnected or wastegate spring removed
                        Hindsight is a great thing.
                        I have got rid of everything already to fund vems n new econoseal loom.
                        What I might do it run my existing bottom end till I figure the mapping out then when in happy, I'll put built one in for bigger turbo n more BOOOOOOOSTING.

I like doing it all myself hence the vems. I have 2 local tuning places ran by friends so will have plenty of input from them but I have wanted to know more about tuning for years.

Comment

Good to see a build thread on here
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

wELL DONE FOR DOING IT ALL YOURSELF.
                            MD357 is a great way to go if Darren's (DJones) car is anything to go by.
                            Keep info up to date on this site (and Classic Audi) as there will undoubtedly be lots of interest.
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I got a couple of hours on the car on 28th. Managed to make front snub mount bracket on cross member and mounts for intercooler.

New loom and Vems ecu from Norbitron on here.

Last edited by martinws; 3 January 2016, 21:15. Reason: Edited because I messed up links.

Comment

Working...
                              X