Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction for rear ended RHD RS2 in New Zealand

Noooooo!!!!

Bit of a shunt, but saveable surely? Apologies if posted already - I couldn't see it. Currently on at 7,100 NZ dollars = about £3,200.

https://touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/l...iew/1020871108
    Last edited by RS2_freak; 22 January 2016, 08:39.
    Racing's important to men who do it well. When your racing its life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting.

What a shame , looked in super nick as well !! .

Comment

nice find

Comment

super find indeed ......

Comment

Shame. Owner must be a) gutted and b) nursing a sore back/neck.

Definitely worth it to fix it in my opinion. Need to dind a normal 1994 Audi 80 avant/estate as the main parts source. Problems will be the RS2 rear lights and bumper.

At least the left rear fender etc is not kinked like the right.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 22 January 2016, 20:58.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

What a shame. Looks like a real beauty too. I'm sure it will be resurected
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I really hope this car gets repaired. Looking at the initial bidding it looks like it will.

Comment

Hmmm should i dare to be the frist belgian to import a NZ car.....

Comment

Originally posted by le mans View Post
                  I really hope this car gets repaired. Looking at the initial bidding it looks like it will.
                  My Fathers checking it out for me also... Maybe if bidding does not go crazy
                  RS 2 580HP

Comment

Been looking in to this one .family in Australia looks at around 3k shipping to uk so if car make 4/5k it's under 10 k for a rs2 but then import dutys ect ect plus the car repair , doesn't look that bad more superficial maybe a rear panel pull the boot floor , door gap looks off a bit can't tell if tale gate has caught roof then repair or replace rear quarter ........... I wonder if car would be listed in uk ????

Comment

Current bid: $7,150.. ohh thats NZ dollars

Comment

How sought after/rare these have become when 'we' are looking at a car the other side of the world !!

Comment

I think you'd want to be in New Zealand where the car is and have sourced an q Avant or q saloon shell to make up a nice car as a medium term project doing the work yourself.

Admittedly the result won't be a genuine RS2, but ideally that would be reflected in the purchase price.

If the existing car is repaired it'll be tough to get it mint and cost a bit if you don't have access to the relevant facilities, again the end result will be a repaired RS2 that had been crashed.

A messy situation with no real good outcome.

It may be better in the long run to buy a 'perfect' RS2, and even ship it to New Zealand from the UK. It's value long term will be much greater than either of the above two options.

No niggling annoyance / regret always in the back of your mind with a non crashed RS2.

No connection to the car or the auction.

The previous owner must have been so annoyed with the driver who hit his car.

Hope his insurance did him 'proud'.

The above are just my one biased thoughts. :roll eyes:

Comment

Heartbreaking, I'll be travelling to Auckland in March for a year, and if I could only sacrifice any kind of enjoyment being there I could have bought that

Comment

Originally posted by Jolfa View Post
                              Heartbreaking, I'll be travelling to Auckland in March for a year, and if I could only sacrifice any kind of enjoyment being there I could have bought that
                              It will get rebuilt for what it sold for.
                              There isn't an RS2 parts market here in NZ.
                              1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
                              1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Working...
                              X