Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth?

Hi Guys, long time, no see.....

As per the title, I am trying to work out how much my parents car is worth as they are about to sell it.

It is a 1993 Audi 80 2.0i petrol in dark blue. Standard spec (blue cloth interior and steel wheels) but since Audi UK are total morons when it comes to the spec of UK cars, it has manual windows and an electric sunroof!

The car was bought for Mum at about 9 months old (ex demo I think) and now has just under 58K miles on the clock - so it is nearly run in! The car has a FSH, 4 new tyres (fitted 3 weeks ago) and a new coil end of 2015. It also currently has a private plate which might be thrown in if the car fetches a fair price.

The car has no rust, no rattles, no mechanical issues at all and is really in great condition except for the following very minor issues (Which I am sure Fatty would fix in an afternoon): -

Needs a polish - the paint will then be great!
    A tiny 5p sized dent in boot lid (I'm sure it would pop out)
    A tiny 5p sized dent in bonnet (again I'm sure it would pop out)
    Paint is peeling on the top surface of the plastic rear bumper
    The LCD on the Audi UK fitted stereo is intermittent

Oh yes and there is one major issue - it's an auto!

I am really struggling to value it so any ideas how much they should ask would be greatly appreciated. To help, see pics below (taken on phone, at dusk and then compressed to fit site rules - sorry): -

Cheers n

Si
    Attached Files
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Phew.... for a minute then, when i saw your user handle, with the title "whats it worth'
    I thought....

Apologies for being no real use , other than maybe comparing anything similar on fleabay...

Comment

at the little green triangle !
      Is that in case your mum gets carried away
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Evening Simon.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

£500 tops btw....
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
            at the little green triangle !
            Is that in case your mum gets carried away
            I don't think she liked the fact that it doesn't say 70 when that's the speed limit.

Either that or she is not allowed to hit the 500BHP nitrous shot below that speed

Cheers n

Si

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
              £500 tops btw....
              Thanks Fatty (oh, and evening matey)

The value has got me flummoxed. Following jubjub's advice, I have had a quick look on fleabay. There is a High mileage manual for a grand and a low mileage for £1500, but of course those have yet to sell.

What do you base your £500 on?

Cheers n

Si

Comment

Wild stab in the dark and the fact that it is an auto. I am no expert though, it may get £1500 if a concours nutter wants it!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                  Wild stab in the dark and the fact that it is an auto. I am no expert though, it may get £1500 if a concours nutter wants it!

I reckon a grand, thereabouts....

Comment

Put it in a classic auction.
                    Modern classics are getting more popular , even lower spec cars (compared to s2/UR etc)
                    I'm sure at least £1200.
                    Useable car without high insurance etc.
                    Someone would love it

Comment

It's a shame because it has good pedigree, low miles, practically one owner from new.

It's just the colour and spec is not desirable so kills the value. That said, if you sell it for £500 I guarantee I will see it advertised on ebay later for £2995.

Comment

I paid 1200 for our Audi 80 2.3e last year. It's a manual and had about 96k on the clock. Mechanically its in great condition, although the bodywork will need some cosmetic tidying this year. Hope that helps.

Comment

I'd stick it up for a grand and accept £800 if I needed to shift it, a little more if I didn't.

Autos are hit and miss depending upon who is in the market specifically for one at the time. You could get a bit more if someone with a disability or an auto licence happens to be needing one, but I don't think your average Joe would touch it above £1200.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies chaps. I think, as sidrick said, I will suggest that my parents ask a grand and accept £800.

I agree that it is a shame that it is an auto as it is such a clean, low mileage car. I would be tempted to keep it myself if it was a manual, although that said, my A5 daily driver is an auto and I wouldn't change that to a manual if you paid me - and I never thought I would hear myself saying that

Cheers n

Si

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
                              Thanks for all the replies chaps. I think, as sidrick said, I will suggest that my parents ask a grand and accept £800.

I agree that it is a shame that it is an auto as it is such a clean, low mileage car. I would be tempted to keep it myself if it was a manual, although that said, my A5 daily driver is an auto and I wouldn't change that to a manual if you paid me - and I never thought I would hear myself saying that

Cheers n

Si
                              Old git!
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X