S1 replica manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1 replica manifolds

Anyone had any experience with these manifolds or the manufacturer?

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...=unread#unread

Looks to be made by Q1 Motorsport? If so, I have one of their exhaust manifolds and it's very well made.

If it is made by Q1, the fabricator is on this forum. I think he's a friend of Norbitron
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

They look very nice. I wonder if they can be produced reversed and if that could have any improved results as well.

Comment

Yeah, if you read through the Motorgeek thread there is a little conjecture over what is best, reverse or not.

Comment

He can Produce it reversed. I sell some of them for him in Germany and had 2 reversed. He ist fabricating 2 peaces for me right now and one is also reversed.

Comment

Is there a website or link with prices etc?

Comment

Nope. He produce only for a few tuning companys and he needs at least a 5 peaces order because of the cnc company partner. To produce only one peace it will be to expensive.
              ThatĀ“s what he told to me.

Comment

Here. Almost done.
                Attached Files

Comment

I can build these, not an S1, but the Furans design turned out to work the best for me on CAD

Team RS
                  Grundey Intake

Comment

Originally posted by jsol View Post
                    Yeah, if you read through the Motorgeek thread there is a little conjecture over what is best, reverse or not.
                    im glad that you brought it up.

Im building an engine for my friend, he wants 500 reliable HP. As i was putting together his excel sheet for parts, i made 3 coulombs for different parts/setup/solution/price
                    like example for intake: wagner forward/furan/s1replica

The first two is off shelf, just cost money $1300-1400
                    Third one has to be designed/made:
                    Friend of mine Aaron (design engineer at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)
                    who also made the SW 3D model of the S1 upright (http://quattro4life.com/images/s1upright.jpg) designed a model for the intake (http://quattro4life.com/images/s1intakeb.jpg)

I asked him if I can have the files / he could make me one. He could make me one, but he also said:
                    "Honestly I wouldn't go this route at all. These intakes were designed for a very narrow torque band as the engine spends it's life in a very narrow rpm range. There are many other great designs that would do a much better job. This manifold I designed here is a concept by a friend of mine who wants the car to perform a certain way and also be somewhat like the factory cars, but in my opinion does not make for a really drivable car."

When I asked him the about this (http://quattro4life.com/images/ffi.jpg) modification, to make it forward facing, he said it would be better for the same reasons i posted on MG: throttle respond, less intake plumbing (over and behind a hot radiator), stock radiator size/location.

I still would like to have a s1 intake (forward facing) design and flow test it, my local friend has a forward facing wagner, so we could compare the numbers and then test it on the actual car.

Originally posted by vti2 View Post
                    He can Produce it reversed. I sell some of them for him in Germany and had 2 reversed. He ist fabricating 2 peaces for me right now and one is also reversed.
                    If the guy you talk about is the same as the guy posted it on MotorGeek, why is the MotorGeek guy having problem with the forward facing design?

Also, if you are making a rare, expensive and somewhat unique part, please learn how to weld. That's what everybody will see. It will helps to sell, suggest it was make by somebody who cares, knows what he is doing. just my $0.02
                    Last edited by varia; 10 February 2016, 17:14.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grundey View Post
                      I can build these, not an S1, but the Furans design turned out to work the best for me on CAD

Looking to sell one of these.... please pm me for details
                      RS 2 580HP

Comment

[URL=http://s998.photobucket.com/user/jsws3/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/A323D531-1354-4194-A696-288DEE0FA65E.png.html][/

The s1 replica manifold is made by q1 Motorsport and to answer if it can be turned around forward facing is yes as I had one made forward facing with a loose throttle body flange so I could fabricate the last bits to plumb strait up to my intercooler .

And the black on is my mates he made just before Christmas .

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                          Looking to sell one of these.... please pm me for details

How much?

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                            [URL=http://s998.photobucket.com/user/jsws3/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/A323D531-1354-4194-A696-288DEE0FA65E.png.html][/

The s1 replica manifold is made by q1 Motorsport and to answer if it can be turned around forward facing is yes as I had one made forward facing with a loose throttle body flange so I could fabricate the last bits to plumb strait up to my intercooler .

And the black on is my mates he made just before Christmas .
                            Where do you put the powersteering pump? I donĀ“t see many space in there.

Comment

I don't think that dual plenum intake manifold has something to do with flow as we think of it, because when I run tests in SW single plenum designs perform better in flow than dual plenum, but a different story is velocity. Dual plenum shows less velocity(in my designs) in intake runners than on single plenum and this lets me think that dual plenum actually slows the gas flow.
                              Team RS
                              Grundey Intake

Comment

Working...
                              X