Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrection of my UrS4 2.2 turbo 20V quattro AAN Avant

Hello to all,

I'm from Romania and recently joined this forum. Couple of months ago i purchased this S4 in a very poor condition but the price and especially this phenomenal engine convinced me to step forward. Few friends more knowledgeable than me owning or have owned this kind of engine in the past played an important role when decided to buy this car. Car was imported from the Netherlands and manufactured back in 1993. At the purchase moment the engine did not start so had to transport with platform.
    Pictures right after the car arrived from the Netherlands.

Luckily there was not a big deal with starting. Speed sensor replaced and the car started. The car has been sat for a while looking at the brakes all rusted. Another good thing was the new timing belt replaced recently. I was surprised to see a 22 years old car still serviced at the dealer.

More pics with dirty interior

The automatic gearbox was already broken when i bought it and decided to go for a 6 speed manual gearbox swap. I got all the necessary parts from a forum member and hit the mechanical shop. Obviously there was a challenge since i couldn't find a A to Z thread regarding this operation.

The whole swap operation took few weeks but the result was worth the waiting. Right after that, i sent the ECU to Dmitri for Stage 1+ and also to convert it from automatic gearbox to manual. With this occasion would like to thank him for professional work done. I am pretty excited with this project and i am glad i joined this community and share our common passion.
    UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Congrats on a) buying a relatively rare UrS4 avant and b) making it through the conversion from autobox to manual. Well done.

Check your private mail here for UrS info you might want to read (and book mark).
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Nice to see yet another URS4 on the forum

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Congrats on a) buying a relatively rare UrS4 avant
      rare?
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

That looks a lot nicer than my UrS. Congrats!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

@UrS4boy

Thanks for all very useful info provided!

@hunker7

Thank you!

@Thuppu

Your thread was the first i started to read since i join this community. Outstanding work and ambition. Thanks!

Today i have checked with VAG-COM and i found this error:

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 4A0-820-043.lbl
          Control Module Part Number: 4A0 820 043 F
          Component and/or Version: Klima-Vollautomat D05
          Software Coding: 00050
          Work Shop Code: WSC 02315
          VCID: 1C3DCAA98CB0E69
          2 Faults Found:

01272 - Positioning Motor for Central Flap (V70)
          41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage
          00603 - Footwell/defroster Flap Positioning Motor (V85)
          41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage

I know for sure that there is no air blowing at foot level. I am going to check it these days and see what is the problem. These days i got into a pothole and the yellow pads light came on. Don't know how to get rid of it. I need to read more about it.
          UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

These days gearbox and rear diff oil has been refreshed with Motul Motyl Gear. Also engine got new spark plugs Bosch F5DP0R and new set of ATE brakes front and rear.

I also got this one from ebay.

I also bought a OEM 3 spoke S4 steering from a forum member. Looking forward to receive it.
            UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Have a look on this site regarding the Bosch plugs...

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                Have a look on this site regarding the Bosch plugs...
                Beat me to it, feel obliged to mention it, to avoid any damage being caused to a nice car / forum member.

Good / speedy work on the gearbox conversion, and then the chip.

Enjoy.

Comment

I run Bosch ones and can't fault them really.
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Driving this car is getting more fun as days are passing by. Today was a beautiful sunny day and perfect time for car wash and a quick chat with a friend.

UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Is the right hand drive UrS sedan the amethyst one once owned in the UK by "Devil666" who was with an airline out of Heathrow?

Comment

Forum member here marius555 is the actual owner and yes, car is coming from UK. Not sure about other details Dave.
                        UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Originally posted by wug View Post
                          Forum member here marius555 is the actual owner and yes, car is coming from UK. Not sure about other details Dave.
                          Amethyst with the extra wheel well trim/extensions, almost certainly was Devil666's (Damien's) UrS. I had lost track/forgot where it went after it sold. Beautiful car.

Comment

do you maybe have pictures of how you did conversation of shifter tunel ..
                            tnx

I'm in same project !

Comment

I have tried doing it from raw steel but it was to much work for a not 100% accuracy so i choose to cut off that part from a 2.6 Audi 100 and fit it into my car. Cost me 10 euro that part.

Here are some sample photos just to have an ideea. If i have to do it again, i will do without hesitation. One of the reasons i purchased this car was automatic gearbox. This engine has never seen 7000rpm ... until now.

Some or these photos are property of goodazz user here on s2forum.
                              UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Working...
                              X