mesh in an S2 bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh in an S2 bumper?

I can't find any pictures on the forum or via googling but was wondering if anyone has fitted honeycomb plastic mesh into a standard S2/V6 front bumper?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

I'm gonna do this shortly - but to a competition s2 front bumper ,. I've never been overly keen on the lower grills on the s2 coupe so got hold of the comp s2 bumper so will see how that looks.

Comment

Glad to hear I'm not the only person considering it
      So what's a competition bumper then?
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

AQTdriver made some before:

Looked good, dodn't see them on a car though.

Comment

I used metal mesh looking similar to this on my RS2 front bumper.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            I used metal mesh looking similar to this on my RS2 front bumper.
            That looks good. Not sure it would work on the standard S2/V6 bumper though since there's a single large space at the bottom to fill. Hmm. Maybe it would still look good with one large piece of mesh. Although most mesh comes in 1m lengths I think.

I have some rubber door seal in my garage that's normally used on old minis etc. A guy on another forum once used it to make surrounds for a mesh grille for his A4. Definitely the cleanest way to go would be butchering a set of original grilles and trying to produce a really neat end result.

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
            AQTdriver made some before:

Looked good, dodn't see them on a car though.
            Those are very nice. I'd need to butcher a set of standard grilles for that but could be worth it.
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

They look great , so much better than the standard , a competition is the bumper made by Kamei for Audi , its oem and looks exactly the same bar the lower grill portion, if I can find a pic I'll post it up, but the bottom of the bumper has more of a curve in it and more defined grill area.

Comment

aha. I think I know what you're talking about. It would be good to see a picture sometime.

Still pondering this as I have a CQ20v and I could do the main grille (between the headlights) relatively easily... maybe..
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

as if by magic... a competition bumper appeared. not cheap though
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262677042637?ul_noapp=true
                  1990 CQ20v

Comment

Nope . That's not one he's talking out his ****. That's a normal one without washers .. I'll take a pic of mine mate and show you ...

Comment

well that explains why I couldn't tell the difference!
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
                        well that explains why I couldn't tell the difference!
                        Here .. Keeps loading the pic upside down for some reason !? But notice the grill and the lower bumper .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Gazmitchell; 16 October 2016, 18:13.

Comment

Mine is just some cut up sort of chicken wire but does a job...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gazmitchell, wtf are you talking about? Competition came with the same bumper as S2 and V6 Coupe. The one made by Kamei is not even from a B4 but B3 Sport Edition and is just a lip on top of the standard B3 80/90 bumper.
                            Check your facts before you call someone out. A quick Google search might help.
                            Last edited by Klobsters; 16 October 2016, 16:49.
                            1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Klobsters View Post
                              Gazmitchell, wtf are you talking about? Competition came with the same bumper as S2 and V6 Coupe. The one made by Kamei is not even from a B4 but B3 Sport Edition and is just a lip on top of the standard B3 80/90 bumper.
                              Check your facts before you call someone out. A quick Google search might help.
                              Err, I'm not calling anyone pal.

The bumper I'm on about is this one below , no lip made for a b4 audi .???
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X