Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Emerald Pearl urS4 Avant 20VT

Hey all,

After being bored out in Estonia's Audi club forum I decided to turn here for suggestions, critics, praise and just trying to be active.
    To start it off I'll tell the story how it all began. My sister was getting on the nerves of my mother to get a car for her. So I told her she could have my FWD C5 1.8T (chipped by prj) if they are willing to buy me a quattro in substitution. So the search begun in september 2013. Once there was a message in my mailbox: I have an S4 Avant for sale. Some quick action and was told that the rear end is slightly damaged and she rattles under boost.
    Never the less 1750€ (Wtf?!) later the car was mine and unfortunately there aren't any pictures of it because of tinypic deleting their old pictures. Here is the oldest I cound find, a nice Audi 100 Avant with no badges:

I got it and the mileage was 213500 km, now it's nearly 255k. Also found some documents that about 100k km have been removed by some honest businessmen. It was originally sold to Austria. It has a 6 speed manual and beige non leather interior with cruise control, servotronic and sunroof being the most noticable extras.

Meantime many many things have been done to that Audi. At the moment some remarkable upgrades in the spec list below:

Garrett GT3071/k26 turbo
    Original WG with 2 WG springs (original + turbosmart lighter)
    FSI coils
    NGK PFR7B sparkplugs
    ADU exhaust manifold
    3" exhaust with Simons rear pot (droney setup)
    Oil catch can straight from engine
    AAN SRE clutch plate
    ADU/ABY clutch disc
    Custom SKF clutch bearing
    7A one mass flywheel
    Bosch 044 fuel pump
    Bosch 700 cc fuel injectors
    Koni yellow shocks (4 out of 5 turns to max)
    H&R 29800 (C3) springs
    90 grade poly engine mounts at sides, hockey puch in front
    90 grade poly rear diff mount
    Small FMIC 500x250x65
    MAFless setup by prj
    Engine is completely stock and has never been opened more than chaning the hydraulic lifters.
    Running on Castrol 10W-60 only with oil change every 4000-6000 km.

On the shelf waiting:
    e38 Brembo's with adapters, discs and pads (still running on UFO's)
    D3 A8/Phaeton rear discs with adapters

Didn't find a reason at the moment to make a summary about all the usual parts which need to be replaced on an old C4 such as heater core and bushings to light swiches in interior

At the moment I haven't officially timed 1/4 time, but got to 238 km/h on 1 mile.
    Approximately should be a high 12 capable setup. Running on 1,7 bar boost at the moment with a relatively safe ignition timing. No problems there for 1,5 year already and when considering my way of driving this old Audi it's actually really surprising it has put up to this kind of torture that well

More picture material (older ones from 2014 beginning):
    New Avus 17" to change from the 15" winter tires which I'm still using due to UFO brake pros.

Here you could see the slightly smashed rear end:
    http://i60.tinypic.com/14tm3k0.jpg

New package:

With 230 original hp AAN

Then bad things for the wallet started to happen:

Spoiler with a new painted rear lid

Interior:

Some more interior:

With winter wheels

Exhaust beginning to take shape:

Still with OE suspension (NOT 1BE sports)

Then it got to the point where Garrett wanted to start spinning

As you see, it is quite safe and limited at the moment:

This summer after OMC and a result of 238 km/h, with Koni and H&R already.

Engine mounts:

And cleaned up engine bay

Future plans hold a 600 +-50 hp setup as almost all other bits and pieces are upgraded to achieve it with complete engine overhaul and turbo. Maybe it happens in 1 maybe in 3-4 years.

I think it's quite enough for the first post already. Take care!

Hi.
    Good car
    +1 from estonia)
    Audi Urs4 2.2T Albert K26 Turbo
    Audi 80 B4 quattro 2.2T 10v
    Audi V8 4.2 Manual +LPG SELL
    Audi A6 C4 2.5Tdi
    VW LT28 2.0 r4 55kw Fire vehicle

Comment

Nice build you have, take care of here

Comment

Welcome Very nice
        sigpic
        Cab 2.3E
        90q
        URS6

Comment

Aloha ! Looking good
          Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

Hello and welcome!
            Have had honour to sit in this car at it's early stages
            About those Brembo's you have mentioned, who made adapters? Somebody in Estonia?
            I take it they are made for UFO struts? I've been tinkering with this very same idea for quite a long time now, but mine has HP2 struts.

Comment

Thanks all for the nice words.

Tekstil, what's your real name or AC user name? I don't recall atm.
              Ufo and Hp2 struts have 2 matching bolts. Ufo has 1 extra at the top.
              Ufo also has larger diameter hubs which need to be grinded off to fit 323x30 discs. This will happen next spring the soonest, but the adapters are ready.
              They are made in Estonia and I could hook you up with them. Just contact me directly here or in AC forum.

Just for the record, what needs to be done sooner rather than later:
              Radiator is leaking from the bottom slightly
              rear right CVJ rubber needs to be changed
              Rear right brake caliper needs to be changed
              Catch can filter needs to be changed as it has broken in half.

Will have a chance to use Gtech to measure 1/4 mile with it in about 2 weeks. Must do a pressure test before that to be sure all the boost ise going to the right place.

If anyone needs the same engine mounts or rear diff mount, let me know. Drivetrain has a lot better feel after fitting them, no swinging around and gears are more excact.

Comment

another nice build has created.keep us posted mate.
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

It's already snowing in Estonia, running with summer tires is quite scary. Occasionally 0 grip on the corners and while braking. The car is holding up nicely mechanically. 10W-60 didn't stop it from starting at -25 C last year either, hope it continues like this in the coming wintermonths.
                  Have ordered 2 brake hoses for the rear, refurbished brake calipers from Jhonny and rear CVJ rubber mount. Should get them attached to my animal in 2 weeks time.

When the boost comes in any gear the 4 wheels are spinning for now

Comment

Great pic in the snow, looks right at home

For future reference regarding the engine mounts are they the same fitment for urs6,
                    Also would you fabricate any other type of mount for other audis , ?

Many thanks Chris
                    sigpic
                    Cab 2.3E
                    90q
                    URS6

Comment

PM me about what you need.
                      UrS6 mounts are excactly the same. Actually every I5 starting from C2-C4 mounts are the same Also B2-B4 should use these. For checking OE number: 443199379D or 443199379E

Comment

Hello and . Looking forward to the updates.
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Our ebay shop

As some of the users have requested then I actually have a ebay "store" for the Audi upgraded parts. Click "Items for sale" and we have our small but expanding collection there. Which isn't there is probably manufacturable. Just ask
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/esq-perfomance

Just for a teaser, next week B2-B4 gearbox brackets to fit a 01E will be available at 125€ incl. shipping
                          Picture of unfinished brackets:

Comment

Originally posted by Siim89 View Post
                            As some of the users have requested then I actually have a ebay "store" for the Audi upgraded parts. Click "Items for sale" and we have our small but expanding collection there. Which isn't there is probably manufacturable. Just ask
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/esq-perfomance

Just for a teaser, next week B2-B4 gearbox brackets to fit a 01E will be available at 125€ incl. shipping
                            Picture of unfinished brackets:
                            I'll let my son know thanks
                            sigpic
                            Cab 2.3E
                            90q
                            URS6

Comment

01E brackets and poly gearbox mounts are ready!

Hey all, as promised the brackets are ready for the b2-b4 cars
                              1 test mount has also been made to check fitment. Now production will start as they were OK.

As said, they are made to fit a 01E gearbox to the - already - oldtimers.

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/322321260272?

Price stands in Ebay, for direct sending it is possible to make a price of 125€ for the pair including shipping.
                              Mounts will be available soon (1-2 weeks). Price is 90€/pair incl. shipping. On ebay they will be available at 90£ including shipping. Mounts will fit the B2-B4 family and B5 S, RS models. Maybe even the V6 - have to check if anyone is interested.

The urS4 is waiting to get winterwheels under it's body. Haven't had the time yet but soon it will be going controlledly sideways . About 5-10 cm of snow here in the early November days - seems like a proper winter is finally coming after 2 years of s*itty skiing weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X