Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I getting old? B3/B4 headrest torture!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting old? B3/B4 headrest torture!

I´m an Audi man, a B3/B4 man, have been for the last 20 years, firs was a 80 Avant Tdi for 4 years than a Coupe quattro 20V for 14 years, also bought a S2 Avant with 30Kmiles in 2001 that is still my daily with 175Kmiles and recently bought a 1991 90 quattro 20V with 50Kmiles and love, and loved, all of them!

Oh but those headrests, love the seats, sport or non sport or even the Recaros on the S2, all lovely, Oh but those headrests or Headtorturers. I do a lot of highway miles and hate resting my head on the top front angle of the headrest, I never feel confortable.

Many years ago I had a MB w124 and last weekend I drove my father in law classe C 1st gen. and what a diference, what a wonderful headrests they both had, really really confortable headrests, not bad cars either but wouldn´t trade though, except for the headrests.

So I started wondering if it was possible to put some MB headrests on my S2 recaros and in the 90 q20V? As anyone did it? is it plug and play or requires a lot of adaptation? I really am into this mode so any help before I pull up my sleeves will be much appreciated!

Pictures would help. Personally my head never touches anything.

Comment

The coupe headrest which are solid are much more comfortable than the avant/saloon version with the hole in.

I am pretty sure most Recaro headrests have the same mounting distance on the rods, so maybe you can just swap for some others?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You need these It was a factory option on V8s
        1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

They are of course head restraints not headrests, designed to reduce whiplash etc. in the event of a collision.
          They should be adjusted correctly to do that, but my head never touches them when driving.

Comment

when i got my s2 it had the s2 leather seat with the headrest with the hole in... hated them before my s2 i had a s4 b5 with recaroes in and what a seat.. i got a hold of a cheap set of s6 seats they have the full face headrest . i could fint out if they fit in the old seats..?

Comment

The headrest it's not for "resting"...
              If you feel you need to rest your head:
              Stop and have a proper rest.
              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

I mean resting and not sleeping or taking a nap, I usualy rest my head against the head rest when driving on the highway, I do feel more comfortable that way!

I´ll look into the solutions metioned above and find one that suits me, thank you for al the help.

Back to resting in the sense of taking a nap or sleeping in the car, while parked of course, the headrests are horrendous to!

Comment

Working...
                X