SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWB Quattro Project

The car came from Edinburgh and has had an exciting life so far! It started life in Germany untill in was imported in the late 90's i think, so it is lhd. When it was brought into the country it was stolen and then recorverd after 9 months in a compound with a load of other stolen cars. Therefore it is on a Q plate.

The car itself looks to be very solid on inital inspection (famous last words). It looks to have a couple of bits of rot on the boot floor but the floor pan as a whole looks realy nice!

So here it is!!:

Here it is in the garage it has a worried look in its eye, perhaps it has spied the grinder and welder?

Looking foward to this one, it was screaming out for some attention...
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Well I have been getting on with it over xmas. Got all the interior stripped out first:

Last edited by G60Rallye; 28 December 2007, 20:03.

Comment

Then i moved onto the engine:

Comment

Then I took a little more stuff out of the engine bay. This then moved into taking all the wiring out of the car. Whilst I was in there i decided to attack the sound deadening, untill the heat gun decided it would die after a couple of hours, so that put a stop to play there. So the windows came out of it bar the windscreen.

Comment

I got the screen out first, but ended up cracking the bloody thing even with dad helping me. After I had got it out there was a nice hole in the passenger side bottom corner, some idiot had repaired it in the past by using filler to cover the hole!

Then I moved onto the rear subframe, this all came to bits ok except for the nut holding the right rear upright on would not come off, managed to get it nearly off but the nut must have been cross threaded or the wrong nut so it just would not come fully off. This meant the grinder had to be called into action to spilt the nut off the threads to get it off. That done I got the subframe dropped off the car but left it under there as there is no where to put it in the garage at the moment.

Then seeing as the grinder was out I decided to cut the inner pannel off the doors and then moved onto the rear 3/4's.

Comment

Well, it's certainly come apart okay...

Is the pair of eyes behind the fuel tank a LHD option?
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

blimey, been busy?.....
                whats the plan?.....engine, interior etc?!?!?.....

Comment

Sorry for so many posts but it will only let me post 10 images at once. I have spent a couple of days on it so far over xmas and its getting there, hoping to have the shell shortened by the end of january, then get started on the cage!

Comment

Fast work are you going for a full S1 kit?

Comment

No S1 kit sadly. I will be going for the swb kit most likely in fibreglass so it will be easier and cheaper to repair. Full weld in roll cage to go into it with a pair of carbon seats, and not much else interior wise realy, trying to get it as light as possible.

I will be using an s2 engine with a gt35r so 550/600bhp on road fuel, 650+ on race fuel hopefully. What are your guys thoughts on using the coupe gearbox and rear diff to take that kind of power? Or will I be best using ur quattro stuff like the Keith Edwards car uses?

Hamish

Comment

I'm using the AAN and the 6 speed ur S4 box and the coupe Quattro rear diff,not sure how it will all work together i'll have to wait and see.

Comment

don't throw anything away you'll be surprised what's not available anymore

Comment

I have thrown a good load of stuff away Jamil but its all parts that are not going to be going back on the car so its all good. What cant be bought can always be made my old man builds a lot of vintage cars so he is pretty handy in that respect.

Comment

i mean clips and small bits and bobs on the body work which are no longer available .i know from experience i threw so much away and realized afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X