AYV Rear diff - overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AYV Rear diff - overhaul.

Unfortunately my rear differential is showing signs of weakness, basically the crown and pinion wheel is worn out and has to be replaced.

I am having a hard time sourcing the parts needed as they have gone out of production and is no longer available from the dealer ship. Does anybody know of some where to buy these parts and also bearings, shims, gaskets/seals and what else would be needed.

I have seen a few used differentials on Ebay, but I would rather rebuild the one I have so I know the condition of it.

Thanks.
    /Lars

look at this
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81758
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

or maybe a good time to go for the Torsen route (V8 rear diff)

Comment

The crown wheel and pinion is available on Audi Tradition - part number 017525143K for the AYV priced at EUR 714.00

https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...SET&model=0001

Some other parts may also be available there. Good luck!
        2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
        1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Thank you for your replies, very useful.

What is your experiences regarding the torsen diff from the V8? What kind of torque is it capable of handling. I will be doing some engine upgrades later on and want to make sure the drive train can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
            What is your experiences regarding the torsen diff from the V8? What kind of torque is it capable of handling. I will be doing some engine upgrades later on and want to make sure the drive train can handle it.
            Nice to drive, not as strong as the stock diff, they are known to break with higher hp drag starts and shock loading if you hop a wheel with higher power.

7A diff is the same as S2 except for the output shafts you can just swap over.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
            X