Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify a wire

It is located under the dash. Car urs6.
    It was loose and i could not find a place were to put it.
    Attached Files

Trailer operation warning lamp? Where does it come from, 4 pin turn signal relay?

If so, then it goes the socket with green arrows and number 1

Last edited by M2ki; 23 December 2016, 16:13.
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

i think so 2. my rs2 had the same lamp and it wasnt in the dash as it had no hook.

Comment

Where exactly did you find it? Behind cluster or under dash somewhere? When i changed bulbs on my cluster i also found random bulb with socket and wires hanging there. Turned out to be Check Engine light Not sure though if UrS6 has one, mine is UrS4.

Comment

Originally posted by tekstil View Post
          Where exactly did you find it? Behind cluster or under dash somewhere? When i changed bulbs on my cluster i also found random bulb with socket and wires hanging there. Turned out to be Check Engine light Not sure though if UrS6 has one, mine is UrS4.
          it was behind the cluster but didnt seem right as all the bulbs are placed in the dash direclty...

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
            it was behind the cluster but didnt seem right as all the bulbs are placed in the dash direclty...
            Hmm you are talking about RS2, can't comment on that as i have not seen their clusters backside. But in UrS4 the portion where is Airbag light / Check Engine light / ASR aus / some steering wheel icon etc - bulbs are not powered by circuit board, there are individual wires/sockets/bulbs for them, cluster only has notches where you can "click" them in.

Comment

Well we learned from this something

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Comment

For the italian market only there's a lamp like that for the side lights.
                It's the one between the battery and the parking brake.
                It switches on when you switch the lights to the first position.
                http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                  Trailer operation warning lamp? Where does it come from, 4 pin turn signal relay?

If so, then it goes the socket with green arrows and number 1

I remember that Trailer operation warning lamp and ASR lamp holes are empty and wire comes from the left side.. It may be trailer operation warning lamp, because I have original trailer hook. I will check after holidays...

Comment

It was trailer operation warning lamp.. How do I know? I remember that my old vw's trailer light turned on when emergency lights blinked. So I went to check and it started to blink also when I put emergency lights on. So I am 100% convinced that it is trailer operating lamp.

Comment

My car had an aftermarket trailer hitch retrofitted and the turn signal relay was replaced with this hella relay, where the 4th pin is trailer operation warning lamp ouput, other lead from the lamp was screwed onto the chassis ground.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
                      X