Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi RS2 at Bonhams Spa auction, advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi RS2 at Bonhams Spa auction, advice.

Hi!

I have been looking for an RS2 for sometime but most have high mileage, I suppose that's a good thing which may indicate the build quality.

However I've seen a car at the Bonhams Spa auction.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24132/lot/36/

Wondering whether this belongs to a forum member? Seems like a reasonable start price with no reserve.

Any advice welcome.

I don't know the car, but a couple of things I've noticed from the pictures;

- The leather is coming away from the door cards, a common issue as the foam degrades, it's perfectly repairable, but time consuming.

- The lower door trims need replacing as they are coming away from the steel backing, again, a common issue, but I don't think the trims are currently available.

Neither of those points are any sign of neglect, but you may want to factor in the cost.
    92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
    98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
    63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
    69 Austin Mini Cooper
    71 MGB GT
    75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
    04 Kawasaki GPX250
    96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Thanks.

I understand what you mean about age related wear. My brother has a 1986 Porsche 930 and the leather has come away which is a common issue yet the car only has 26000km.

Appreciate no car will be perfect but making it perfect will be part of the satifaction. As long the general condition is good then that would be nice.

Any other points that I should look out for?

Comment

i would look for that the shell is not damaged and papers, everything else is possible to fix

of course for right price, regarding current condition
        S2 limo

Comment

If you`re OK with LHD over here then it could be a good buy for the mileage

Beware..

Comment

If that's a genuine car, has history and the mileage is correct then its worth strong money, OP how much are you willing to go to. That car would possibly go to Europe as they`re realising good money over there now.

Comment

It's a quite a late car on a T chassis. 1996 Model year.

Interesting it has a UK V5. I'm guessing it will make more money selling it on the continent. I wouldn't be surprised to see that go higher than the upper estimate
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

and don't forget that at auctions, you pay a lot more than what you bid:
                BUYERS' PREMIUM AND CHARGES
                Buyers' Premium and Charges for Motor Cars and Automobilia

Buyer's Premium Rates
                15% of the Hammer Price

TVA at the current rate of 21% will be added to the Buyer's Premium and charges.
                so close to 40% more than what you might think....

Comment

What is a T chassis?

Yes I am looking for a LHD as we would be using it for family trips to Europe. However, I am not sure whether my budget will buy it.

About commisssion.

So let's say it's sells for €35000 then it's 15% and 21% of the 15%. So at €35000 it becomes a €41000 car.

Still looking on mobile.de people are asking €40000 plus for cars with 4 times the mileage.

Comment

A LHD C4q UrS6plus 4.2L V8 Avant from Germany would make a good car for touring Europe, imho.

Good choice of cars for way less money.

Best wishes with your final choice / purchase.

Comment

I may have to be on call this weekend and not attend auction

Although I spoke at length with bonhams regarding the car and it has yearly service till 2013 after which it was tucked away then serviced again in 2016.

Anyone ever bid via phone?

It's a lovely car for me but maybe over my budget, never know.

Comment

Originally posted by RalphWalter View Post
                        What is a T chassis?

Yes I am looking for a LHD as we would be using it for family trips to Europe. However, I am not sure whether my budget will buy it.

About commisssion.

So let's say it's sells for €35000 then it's 15% and 21% of the 15%. So at €35000 it becomes a €41000 car.

Still looking on mobile.de people are asking €40000 plus for cars with 4 times the mileage.
                        Hi Ralph,

A T chassis is a Model 1996. R a 1994 in production from 1 march 94 to 31 july, S a 1995 model in production from 1 aug to 30 april, and T a 1996 model in production from 1 May to 31 July.

I noticed that it has an retrofitted seatbelt warning light from a volvo 240 in the dash. And of course the loose leather on the doorcards.
                        Kind regards
                        Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
                        Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
                        Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

Contact

Hi Ralph,

I've pinged you a pm with my email address and another with my phone number.

Best regards,

Mark

Comment

They had a good deal I guess?

Lot 36
                            1995 Audi RS2 Avant
                            Sold for €28,750 inc. premium

Comment

Cheap.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X