Polish/Wax suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish/Wax suggestions

Can anyone suggest good polish/wax combination for a Titanium grey? It would be hand polished
    Attached Files
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Angelwax buddy .
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Yup, all Angelwax products are awesome.
      Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

I think this would be good for me. Don't need anything rough as paintwork is pretty decent. As for wax, they offer many choices but I assume Enigma Ceramic Wax would be the best?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Angelwax-Per...%257Ciid%253A4
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Perfect Polish is a great all in one polish for usage by hand. Will you be claying the car before hand? This will make a world of difference, after that the Enigma Ceramic wax is the best bet for protecting the paint and you can follow up a maintenance routine using their Enigma Shampoo and Quick Detailer which will help maintain it
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

I'm planning on removing all the trims I can, wash with some washing up liquid to remove any previous wax etc. then clay it, wash it again, hand polish and then wax.

Looking at that plan I'll need a week
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              I'm planning on removing all the trims I can, wash with some washing up liquid to remove any previous wax etc. then clay it, wash it again, hand polish and then wax.

Looking at that plan I'll need a week
              Don't use washing up liquid! It contains abrasives. Use a dedicated car shampoo (good one) or if soiling is heavier, use an all purpose cleaner.

I use a lot of the Autobrite Direct range. You cannot go wrong, great products made in the UK. (No connection to company btw, just love their stuff!)

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Just à heads-up, every waxproduct will only last ~30 days.
                You should consider à mild polish If the paint is decent, then wipe It clean, wipe it down
                With silicone remover, then apply ceramic pro, It will last at least 2 years with a hydrofic effect thats mindblowing, there is no wax out there with that water repellent effect

In any way, If you choose the easy way you should wash it with Mafra Polish Express, IT Will be like waxing It every time you wash it, mix 1:10 in à dressing Bottle and apply directly to the sponge.
                1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Been using Poor-Boys products for the past few years and quite impressed with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                    Just à heads-up, every waxproduct will only last ~30 days.

You should consider à mild polish If the paint is decent, then wipe It clean, wipe it down

With silicone remover, then apply ceramic pro, It will last at least 2 years with a hydrofic effect thats mindblowing, there is no wax out there with that water repellent effect

In any way, If you choose the easy way you should wash it with Mafra Polish Express, IT Will be like waxing It every time you wash it, mix 1:10 in à dressing Bottle and apply directly to the sponge.

Where to get Ceramic Pro products?

Comment

I can recommend Meguiars gold class carnauba wax. works wonders, doesnt last too long but its OK with me.
                      With the ceramic products, the paint has to be perfect before applying them as it is more or less permanent solution and not an easily removable product if need be.
                      as to using washing up liquid. I would say you can use it but only if you want to strip all the wax off and then work on the paint afterwards. otherwise its a big no no.
                      Best shampoo I've found is Meguiars soft wash gel.

Comment

When mine gets out of the bodyshop, hopefully this weekend, it will get a full coat of G Techniq Crystal Serum followed by probably 2 coats of Exo 2. Once this is on it stays shiny for about 2 years. Washing is a piece of cake. Wash with G Techniq shampoo, dry, spray with detailing spray or wax spray and boom. I can now wash my Range Rover in 30mins to a cracking shine. Also the G Techniq G4 is great on the plastics.

It's not cheap but does the trick. I get all mine online from Ultimate Finish.

Comment

Working...
                        X