Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 S2 3B Coupe for sale

Hi all,

So I've been clinging on to my S2, which I've owned for the majority of the past 17 years, but sadly the time to sell has come (we took a 4 year break in the middle, then I forgave her and took her back, lol).

She's been off the road in my garage for the last 8 months, was previously my daily driver but I replaced her when I took a job that required a 400 mile round trip commute. A lack of use and an imminent house move has now led to her being available. MOT till late September, i have today taxed and insured her so I can get her out and about again.

Body work is ok other than a dodgy repair that's now rusting through on the front passenger arch, a small dink in the front edge of the bonnet, and some damage to the front bumper (it needs a new one really)... paint looks ok as long as you stand a few feet away (though pretty good really given her age and use).

170k on the clock, although it's a little higher in reality as the odometer stopped working 2 years ago (I don't do much more than a few thousand miles a year in her though). Have just changed the faces on the dials and had a look at the odometer, cleaned up all the connections and it's now working. LCD display has bled, couldn't get a replacement so covered currently to stop it offending my eyes.

Mechanically sound, had a lot of work around 3 to 4 years ago, head refurbished, uprated head gasket, all new pipework, custom front crossmember and slightly bigger Intercooler. Also reconned the rear subframe and fitted new bushes all round.

Interior is good, black leather seats. Panelling retrimmed including headliner 4 years ago, at which point I custom installed a set of front recaros from an S3 (very comfy, and look good with the car). Door card trims are starting to come away, so they'll need re-glueing.

Brakes overhauled all round... new rear callipers, discs and handbrake cables 2 years ago. Fronts uprated to Porsche callipers, A8 discs, new hangers.... all under the original 3B wheels, which I believe is a bit of a rarity.

Has a modified ECU and is decatted, guess work puts it at around 250.

Got a few electrical gremlins, sunroof has stopped working and electric windows are intermittent. I will take a look at these at the weekend. Will also require a new set of tyres and 4 wheel alignment in the near future.

Loads done through my ownership, lots of receipts, genuinely love this car with all my heart, but she has to go.... but needs to be to a good home.

I know values have rocketed, but whilst the car is solid I appreciate she will need some TLC to return her to full former glory. Hence I'm thinking around the 8.5k mark, but will consider sensible offers. Will post some pics in a bit. If anyone's interested in coming and taking a look (I'm in Hampshire), or you want more info, then let me know.

Cheers,

Gareth
    Last edited by SHEEPISH-S2; 17 July 2017, 19:26.

Quick update and some photos.... took her for a drive this evening, good lord she's fun! The power delivery is brutal relative to my A5! Running and driving well, I will continue to use her for my commute to the Station to make sure all remains well. Some additional good news is that odometer is now working following my work on the binacle, so I've updated the ad to reflect that.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SHEEPISH-S2; 20 June 2017, 19:46.

Comment

More photos, the issue areas of the bodywork can be seen in these.
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one, this one shows the rust coming through the old repair on front passenger side wing. Repairable, although fair to say that the original repair isn't pretty (happened during our time apart).
        Attached Files

Comment

If no interst here then I will probably advertise her on ebay early next week, thought it worth giving the forum 1st dibs though. Cheers. Gareth (07831 958 741 - call or text)

Comment

Glws!

Comment

I've seen this car before, glwts hope it finds as good an owner as you, you will probably want it back in a few years

Comment

oh my god! I saw her this morning as I drove past and let out a "yes! she's back on the road".

This my old car folks, owned between '97 and '02. If I had the money I'd be having it back in a heartbeat for a restoration but not really in the position to

Any chance of a drive Gareth?

Comment

Hi Simon,

Hope you're good mate. I reckon that can be arranged, give me a few days to sort an intermittent boost issue she's developed.... time for the annual leak test again, lol.

Cheers,

Gareth

Comment

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've put my S2 up on ebay this evening. I have dropped the price down to £7k as with a house move coming up and a lack of space at the new place I need to find her a new home in the next week or so. Item number is 162587588999, would be nice to see her go to a forum member and fellow S2 lover.

Cheers,

Gareth

Comment

[emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320]
                      GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sold.

Sad to see her go, and for a bit less than I hoped, but needs must and has gone to a top chap.

Comment

Working...
                        X