Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTX4508R on the 4 cyl. gonna try something with some size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX4508R on the 4 cyl. gonna try something with some size.

So the turbo arrived. And it's not small.

GTX 4508R. 80mm. dual ball bearing, T-4 divided hotside ceramic coated, 1.44 A/R.

Will use nitrous to get it spooled up on to the transbrake. A small shot for 1 second or a little more.

A fair bit larger than the BORG Warner 67mm billet I use now on the AWD car. but its all good i guess. when you want to run in the 7 second range in the quarter mile, you do what you need to do.

this is the same turbo Dutter is using to run 8.5x, except his is just plain GT4508R, not the upgraded GTX 11 blade wheel.

Last edited by speeding-g60; 6 March 2015, 15:19.

Thats awesome, good to see you're still posting over here, love reading your stuff, and seeing what interesting concoctions you're drinking.

I may have to paint my turbo, I feel inspired.
    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

thanks!!!! Dutter is running the same turbo but not a GTX, just a regular GT4508R.

and the drink of the evening is my own wine cooler with a kick. 5oz vodka, 7oz Merlot, and 12oz Sprite Zero (gotta watch those carbs haha)

and i have found a couple beers lately (i do not really like dark or hoppy beer) that i am really liking right now, too. but again, carbs so i drink less beers and more liquors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
        Thats awesome, good to see you're still posting over here, love reading your stuff, and seeing what interesting concoctions you're drinking
        Me too, please keep posting details of your projects, that's one hell of a turbo, you'll have to be careful your car doesn't ingest your lad.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Dutter have 2.5l and he change his gt 45 to a borg warner, because the gt 45 have a **** spooling (at 7400u/min).
          But its an very interesting project you have, wish you the best [emoji106]

Comment

thanks hammer. it is automatic and RWD CQ. spooling it will not be an issue as it is a drag racing only car.

this is what it will be in....

Comment

Working...
            X