X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiting RS4 B5 recaro in Coupe

How hard is it to fit these in the Coupe
    Attached Files

I think Greg has one of these in his coupe so I know it is possible. From what I remember though, it didn't lower the seating position much so if you are tall then not likely to help too much.

They are nice seats though....always wished my old a6 had them in it
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Nice one I'm only 5'11" so should be OK, any idea if the back seats fit too

Comment

James (RE2500) had B5 seats in his old coupe IIRC. I don't think they are a straight fit but I think the mods are pretty straight forward
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

B5 frames are not a direct fit, the frames are wider by approx 30mm.

You would need to get the frames altered or get some Golf 3 Recaro frames to fit them.

They're not that great anyway; much better to get Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Recaros and fit them on Golf 3 frames.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Got the full interior of flea bay at a good price so gonna make it fit, has anyone fitted the back seats too, hopefully get them in as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              B5 frames are not a direct fit, the frames are wider by approx 30mm.

You would need to get the frames altered or get some Golf 3 Recaro frames to fit them.

They're not that great anyway; much better to get Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Recaros and fit them on Golf 3 frames.
              can you not just fit them to the audi 80 frames or is it to save butchering some.

incidently i feel the saloon ones sit lower than the coupe. ill measure but thats how it feels with the aby trim in my saloon compared.

Comment

I swapped my 90 subframes onto b5 s4 seats quite easily, can't imagine the rs4 been any different?

Comment

You make it sound so easy, any one fancy doing it for me😊

Comment

So the plan is to get hold of some cheap scabby Coupe' seats, (anyone got any) butcher the frames off them then try to make somat up to fit these. Also how hard is it or is it possible to fit the electric system in so I can adjust them or things might get awkward

Comment

I have some cheap coupe seats ripe for butchering
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have the trendline seat fitted, which is basically same design as these but had a separate recaro subframe to fit it as I was trying to get some more headroom. Its still a little tight for me even with these seats though
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Are they in a coupe? How do you get around no tilt for getting in tbe back seats

Comment

Working...
                          X