'99 Audi S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Audi S4

Hi all, im selling an this car after having recently bought it (23/4/2015) to cater for my growing family and satisfy the petrol head within at the same time. It turns out im just not as impressed with these as I thought I would be to be completely honest. I have an E46 330Ci as a daily and although its not as nippy as the Audi I just prefer it. The potential for a company car is on the horizon as well and that's likely to be a new A6 Allroad Sport so the S4 is up for sale and to satisfy the petrol head within, i've decided to go big turbo on my Mk2 20v build.

1999 T Reg Audi S4 in ming blue.
    161000 Miles
    2x keys
    Full black leather interior
    Electric everything!
    Air conditioning

Ive changed the following since owning the car;
    Front and rear discs and pads
    Both lambdas
    Both EGT valves
    Both recirculating valves replaced with genuine 710P's
    The front 'Y' pipe
    Replaced both front speakers for uprated Pioneer speakers of exact same size as the originals were "farting"
    My favourite this is the front headlights. - These are Brand New! I've fitted the later face lift headlights with uprated HID bulbs @ 5k - White (not blue!).

Apart from the obvious expenditure in initial ownership - its a lovely car and I have no doubt it'll go on forever. Its got a lot of service history with a main dealer.

The biggest selling point for me is that the car is totally standard apart from the new genuine headlights, its not had a remap and had the life beaten out of it. Standard these cars are 265bhp out of the factory and its certainly feels that way, its a tad quicker than my BMW which is 240bhp naturally aspirated so realistically sounds about right.

Interior photos to follow.

Thanks

£4500.

Mk 2 - no more than 300bhp as with fwd, you may not like it when you're used to quattro.

My Jetta synchro with a 1.8T put down all it gave - 365bhp. Before the IHI turbo blew. A whole other world of pain at the time.

GLWTS, seems like a nice genuine car.

Comment

Thanks matey!

The Mk2 will only be a bit of fun, makes sense to fit something exciting in there whilst the motor is still out too... Maybe a switchable map but will certainly be running an LSD. Sorry to hear about the blown turbo :/

Comment

No worries, as I say it was a good few years ago at this stage, well past that now, plenty of other pain between then and now.

A LSD as a minimum, also put in a cable change box as the 020 rod change box won't be stronger enough, imo.

Last edited by macspring; 28 June 2015, 12:51.

Comment

That's a nice looking car........very nice!
          GLWS

Comment

Have you got any under bonnet pics interior pics and when was the cambelt/pump last done? Steven

Comment

Big torque mk2's are a handful nice car though

Comment

Water pump and cam belt done at 142k with receipt.

@dubmanted, im not really looking for anything balanced. In my old age im only interested in straight line

Comment

Alex have you any interior shots? Any corrosion in wings etc?

Comment

I haven't had the chance to take interior shots. I'll get straight on it tomorrow as I'm currently in work until 6am (shifts).

No rust, or corrosion. The odd stone chip but nothing that's triggered my OCD too much. There is a light scuff on the drivers side front bumper that may flat out - but I'll probably get that done sometime this month if it doesn't sell before.

Regards

Comment

I have pm d you alex

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                        That's a nice looking car........very nice!
                        GLWS
                        There you go John,better than that Skoda you were talking about and at the right price!
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          There you go John,better than that Skoda you were talking about and at the right price!
                          She wanted a Skoda......she got a Skoda!

Thankfully it's quite nice.

(I'd put in a picture but not wanting to spam up OP's thread)

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                            She wanted a Skoda......she got a Skoda!

Thankfully it's quite nice.

(I'd put in a picture but not wanting to spam up OP's thread)
                            Send it in a Pm.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X