rear axle stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear axle stabilizer

I have bought audi s2 and previous owner said that rear stabilizer is fitted from a front and gave me original rear stabilizer. I would like to change it to original rear stabilizer but it doesn't fit, because suspension strut tube looks like are changed by side, that front stabilizer could connect with connecting link. Is it possible?

Photo show how it looks now. just not parts are installed.
    Attached Files

If you fit a front anti roll bar on the rear you swap the struts side to side, so if you change back you will need to swap the struts again.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

So is here any difference in driving? Which one would be better to leave?

Comment

If you like understeer, fit the OEM one
        But seriously, try removing the one you have fitted , and see if you prefer it like that - the OEM rear one is so pathetic it won't be much different.
        That looks like a fairly sensible front bar you have there, maybe 22mm or 24mm? It should handle a lot better than with the standard bar on there anyway.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ACQ View Post
          So is here any difference in driving? Which one would be better to leave?
          I just fitted a thicker rear stabiliser (a.k.a. anti roll bar a.k.a. sway bar), and it is a big improvement compared to original. better stearing response and less understear.

Comment

Problem woth my rear stabilizer is that it knocking to the botom in both side and make noise.

Comment

If it knocks on the wishbones at full extension you can fit shorter drop links to solve it. I had to cut mine down.

Comment

No it knocking to the body in both side.. it must be longer at width. I will change it to original

Comment

Yes, it's 10cm narrower. It shouldn't hit if adjusted correctly (I've run 25mm one since 2007).
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                  X