TDI 1z throttle response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDI 1z throttle response

I've been looking to find answer but unfortunatelly didn't....my B4 has weird throttle response when idle, runs ok, but when i press throttle pedal when idle, it has kind of delay. It doesn't catch from the beginning. Interesting thing is that after some reving, or driving on high revs and stopping after, throttle response seems ok. I tested throttle pedal potentiometer with vag com and it seems fine, and also tested with vag manual by measuring resistances between pins on the connector and it's all ok. Does anyone have any idea about it? Could it be injectors?

Odd issue, but throttle position sensor is a known failure ive been through a couple of these on mk2 golf tdi conversion with similar problem. If vagcom isnt picking up any faults could also be fuel filter/blocked injector

Comment

Yeah, therefore I'm in doubt with injectors, there are no faults, everything is fine except that odd thing and by now nobody could help me with that. It's actually annoying thing sometimes, and I know that it shouldn't be so....every tip is welcome.

Comment

Any fault codes? My first thought is pump timing being off

Comment

No fault codes, timing is ok, slightly advanced about 55.....last time done when pump changed and adjusted by myself....

Comment

My B4 does the same thing, top of pump was replaced to try and sort it but it didnt
            Mine wont do it when its hot, sometimes if i put the throttle down hard in first gear and let it up quickly to change to second it stays revving and you get some wheel spin in second, then going to third it will delay the throttle
            quite annoying pulling off from a junction

Comment

Yeah, that's it, with mine is also worse when hot than when it's cold....another whole pump which is tested before is put and nothing changed, so it isn't obviously. Few days ago I drove Octavia MK1 ALH and was amazed how it "revs"....

Comment

Mine is the newest b4 you could get so it had the newer air mass meter etc,
                I had an older one and never had said problem, and i drove an older TD b4 with the throttle cable and that was even better! audi went backwards

Comment

Mine is also with pierburg air mass meter, tried brand new one but same thing...

Comment

Whats coolant temp saying in VAG com? If its reading low the ECU restricts fuel to prevent smoke. Might make sense as to why raving it and and getting her hot makes run better

Comment

Originally posted by goodall View Post
                      Whats coolant temp saying in VAG com? If its reading low the ECU restricts fuel to prevent smoke. Might make sense as to why raving it and and getting her hot makes run better
                      Mine fails to warm on a cold day, changing the thermostat and checking the temp sensors tomorrow, sounds like the problem but my fuel economy isnt bad atall lately
                      Thanks

Comment

Got my b4 warming up properly and sending the right temp to the ecu and it has fixed the issue but it still does it when below 60-70 degrees
                        So maybe this 'valve' has a tendency to stick, wherever it is, or its affecting the throttle, need to learn more about it

Comment

Please give my some hint when you get something new about that....

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_ZG View Post
                            Please give my some hint when you get something new about that....
                            Get your engine warmed up (after a journey) and check the temperature of the radiator, see if it matches your temperature guage
                            If it doesn't theres a sensor problem, if it does and your temperature stays quite low then you might have a thermostat issue, these tdis don't get hot easily especially in Ireland during mornings and at night driving on fast roads the radiator does too good a job.
                            This was my problem, new thermostat and coolant fixed it but problem persists when cold so I can't help you after that but surely someone else can shed light on this issue

Comment

I have no problem with temperature, works fine and I checked with vag com and was along with gauge so that would not be it.....still looking for solution, any tip is welcome...
                              Last edited by Ivan_ZG; 29 August 2015, 17:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X