Wishbone tie rod / stabiliser bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishbone tie rod / stabiliser bar

Anyone running an additional tie rod / stabiliser bar to the wishbone to prevent deflection under acceleration / braking? Like the rally cars...
    Last edited by Rusty; 28 July 2015, 20:51.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46480
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alberts arms have brackets for these. I wonder what is involved to fit the rest of the bits. Fit a bracket to floor and then a link arm?

Comment

Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm at the right stage in my Urq project to do this. Does it really make a noticeable improvement? Sure on a group b rally car when it lands hard I can see this setup being much stronger but for track days?

Comment

Front cross member with mounts

http://www.bufkinengineering.com/lowercrossmember.htm

Rear mounts

http://www2.motorgeek.com/viewtopic....4925&start=375

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Dahlback do it to some of their cars.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I plan to do it with my Audi Sport wishbones
                Last edited by Albert; 29 July 2015, 07:56.
                AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I can see the cross members and rear mounts having more of an effect on handling by helping to stiffen the chassis. I think the drag links were only there for extra strength for taking big hits on the rough rally stages.
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

They are suppose to help keeping the set geometry of the car wheels while the car is going through bumpy corners under massive G force loads.
                    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I think I will put it on my list of things that would be nice to have but I won't do them now. Would be nice if someone made up the stays and the car brackets that can be welded to the cars floor. Maybe something albert at AKmotorsport.net could be making?

Comment

Yes we could, but it would need to be a group buy of 5 sets or more.

Comment

Why not use the mounting points for the U shaped CAT protection items?
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                            Yes we could, but it would need to be a group buy of 5 sets or more.
                            I want one
                            If in doubt, Flat out.

Comment

I am interested depending on price. But I'm using s2 running gear on a Urq. ...

Comment

Working...
                              X