S6 C4 front subfame rear bush removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 C4 front subfame rear bush removal

As above i have already removed the whole subframe complete with lower arms and ARB,and now need to remove the front subframe rear bush i took a picture of. The fixing looks like a reverse spline. I have never come across this fixing.Does it require a special tool for removal and or does anyone have a link for the tool/bit needed?

Thanks guys!

Attached Files
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

There are special tools for these BUT a 12 point socket of the correct size works ok too [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
      There are special tools for these BUT a 12 point socket of the correct size works ok too [emoji3]
      As above, an ordinary socket worked for me

Comment

Thanks guys! The only 12 pointers i have were from an Irimo 1/2 set i bought when i was 18. Good job i still had some of these left as i only use 6pt now.

Did either of you replace these bushes on a high miler? These are from the Genuine 46,000 mile 2.8 quattro I am thinking of using them in the S6 Saloon as they look in terrific condition.I take it the bolts need replacing? Any idea how much Audi want for the bushes and bolts?

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60977

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

^^^^

Comment

C4 Front suspension torque values

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              Thanks guys! The only 12 pointers i have were from an Irimo 1/2 set i bought when i was 18. Good job i still had some of these left as i only use 6pt now. Did either of you replace these bushes on a high miler? These are from the Genuine 46,000 mile 2.8 quattro I am thinking of using them in the S6 Saloon as they look in terrific condition.I take it the bolts need replacing? Any idea how much Audi want for the bushes and bolts?
              Some PNs below. I would tend to reuse those rear subframe mounts unless you can get genuine Audi ones. Aftermarket ones are very likely to be of inferior quality. Items 18, a 12 point double hex (not a triple square), are stretch bolts and need to be replaced - but only stretch them *AFTER* you have had an alignment done - allow the technician to move the subframe a smidge to a) center it and b) adjust (even out as much as possible) the caster.

This pdf has all the PNs and the torque values and the indication of which bolts are stretch bolts that must be replaced for safety reasons (again, don't stretch the subframe mount ones until AFTER the alignment).

C4 Front suspension torque values: http://12v.org/urs/FrontSuspensionTorqueValues.PDF

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Can I get them up to the torque spec to drive it over to the alignment rack and then
                do the do the stretch/ extra degree turn afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by orignalS60 View Post
                  Can I get them up to the torque spec to drive it over to the alignment rack and then do the do the stretch/ extra degree turn afterwards?
                  Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Top top man Dave with that pdf file showing the torque values!!!

I am going to use the rear subframe bushes they look truely mint mate! The sway bar and the subfram and the lower arms all look mint! Here's a photo of the one lower arm after a wipe.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 31 July 2015, 23:03.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                    X