S6 C4 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 C4 help.

I am doing some work on these cars at the moment but have no idea other than the jack points where else is best to support the body underneath to avoid floor damage so i can remove complete front and rear subframes.I am placing the car on big axle stands so i can get underneath with a reasonable height. Already removed the front on the 2.8 30v,now need to the rear.Your help appreciated guys.

Cheers.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Supporting a C4 UrS at the Jacking Points

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    I am doing some work on these cars at the moment but have no idea other than the jack points where else is best to support the body underneath to avoid floor damage so i can remove complete front and rear subframes.
    The jack points ARE the best points. How to get there is the bigger issue. Here are three options that I know about:

1. The little by little method: One method that can be used is to jack up one wheel a few inches and put a short cement block under it, and then proceed to the other side or same side back wheel, working your way around the car until it is high enough to slip the jack stands under the jacking points. (Ref: Doug W., islingtonaudi he of V8 into C4 A6 avant fame)

2. The Jacking Bar Method: You create (or buy) a jacking bar the fits at the jacking points and then you jack the car up in the center of the jacking bar and slip the jackstands under the jacking bar, at the jacking points.

DIY by Ringbearer: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/280975.phtml

3. Aladin's flying carpet method: (Aka Scirrors jack)

Ref: Brian P. (his jack, my post): http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/298327.phtml
    Last edited by UrS4boy; 30 July 2015, 18:21.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
    X