3B for WR engine swop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B for WR engine swop.

Doing a 3b engine transplant on my wr ur quattro, trying to find info about the pin position on the wr flyweel which I will be using. Is it in the same position as the 3b one? Any links? Thanks.

Why are running the wr flywheel and not the 3b one? There is a differance of 2 degrees between the two flywheels that is what i have noticed.i am running a 10vt wr engine on a 3b ecu.The wr is 60 degrees btdc and the 3b ecu requires 62 degrees btdc.

Comment

Originally posted by trebormc View Post
      Why are running the wr flywheel and not the 3b one? There is a differance of 2 degrees between the two flywheels that is what i have noticed.i am running a 10vt wr engine on a 3b ecu.The wr is 60 degrees btdc and the 3b ecu requires 62 degrees btdc.
      Thanks for the info, how did you compensate for the difference? What sort of hp are you getting with your set up? ur gearbox needs spigot bearing in rear of crank while 3b has bearing in flywheel, hence easier to use wr flywheel.

Comment

I used a ng flywheel and inserted the pin for the trigger at the 62 degrees btdc,and the gearbox input shaft still goes inside the crank shaft bearing.as for hp still working progress.i mite change the ecu to aby one to run with separate coils.

Comment

Anyone know what the 7a one is?

Comment

The 7a triggering pin is at 62 btdc and has the input shaft roller bearing.

Comment

The 7a triggering pin is at 62 btdc and has the input shaft roller bearing.
              Thanks.

Comment

Can i ask y changing the engine from a original wr to a 3b if you have a ur quattro?

Comment

Can i ask y changing the engine from a original wr to a 3b if you have a ur quattro?
                  engine needs rebore and new oversize pistons etc etc which comes with big costs, also 20v much more tuneable.

Comment

I have a wr flywheel on my ABY swapped typ85 90quattro. Works just fine.
                    I had to press a bearing into the end of the crank to support the gearbox input shaft as well.

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                      I have a wr flywheel on my ABY swapped typ85 90quattro. Works just fine.
                      I had to press a bearing into the end of the crank to support the gearbox input shaft as well.
                      you happy with the result?

Comment

Working...
                      X