• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan's Audi 90 2.3E

My 1990 Audi 90 2.3E.

The Story so far.... lol

AutoTrader Advert Pics from March 2011

These caused several phone calls, followed by an early morning flight to buy this car from a small garage in Nottingham.

Then some random ones taken at home....

To be continued...

Stuff done and bits gathered

K&N panel filter bought and fitted, along with modified airbox to suck more air lol

Bits and stuff gathered to be fitted....

5 15" Ronel Aero alloy wheels, still haven't got round to refurbing mostly due to the weather, that and the tyres on my steel wheels where brand new when i bought the car...
    Big Thanks to Scotty33 for those!!
    Also A Big Thank You to The Real MSH! who transported them from Gwent to Glasgow for me, and passed them on to an Aunt and Uncle who transported them from there to N.Ireland for me!

Not Orange Indicator Lenses... lol
    A Big Thanks to Audioc for the front and rears!!
    The silver bulbs and side repeaters got from ebay..

3 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel from ebay..

ATD module robbed from a set of C4 A6 Dashclocks bought on ebay...
    And Sensor, a Big Thanks to K.Simmonds for that!

Auxiliary gauges and replacement Ashtray, a Big Thanks to Audisimon for those!

And the Sensors for the gauges from goodazz, a Big Thanks also!

Comment

Now for some light transformation .... lol

These had to be modified, as they are much tighter than the originals, and the plastic much more brittle as i found out with the first set i tried to fit....

Other side

Comment

Now the front.... lol

other side

Comment

And now the rear.... but of course lol

Comment

Some more niceness fitted lol

Steering Wheel Fitted

Auxiliary gauges fitted, wired up and working (except the oil pressure sensor has not been changed as i had the wrong sized spanner, and its sunday, so will be next weekend now before that is sorted lol Also note the new real leather gear gator and (Gear knob (from Custom Auto Craft))

Before (spot the difference.... or something lol)

After (Ambient Temperature Display, fitted, wired, new bulb soldered in and working eventually, thought i had friens some of the surface mount components on the pcb while soldering, turns out i had broken a pin in one of the plugs, but was easily fixed last night just before midnight lol :O )
            A Big Thank you to Jase for, the instructions, time and advice yesterday!

Well thats the story so far, kinda like a picture book for big kids lmoa!!

To be continued......................................... ............................

Comment

Future Plans......

Future plans.... As and when cash will allow...

Raised rear boot spoiler (or complete bootlid and spoiler should paint be as good as my own)

Have G60 callipers and carriers sourced, and will fit once i get wheels refurbished..

Lower 35-40mm

the quietest performance exhaust i can find (looking like it may be a jetex)
              ( i personally think it makes enough noise on WOT with the K&N panel filter and AirBox Mod, i like that it is so quiet driving normally, but roars when you play with it lol)

De-Cat pipe,

Retrofit the rear electric windows, and electric sunroof, (which also requires matching rear door cards)

Get the matching front seats with bolsters (This is the first 90 from my 85 90CD that hasnt had sporty seats)

Stealth fit a better sound system, i have in all the rest as the speakers are truely awful, and these ones have not been abused yet lol.

Maybe retrofit the ABS (2nd out of the 6 i have had without ABS the other was the B2 90) Altho that may be a pipe dream as it looks like it would be a nightmare job!

Had also planned on fitting LPG, as i wanted this car for a daily driver(Am torn on this one) May end up getting a derv banger as a daily and keep this for dry days out lol..................

Well there ya have it, other than lowered just enough so it doesn't look like a monster truck, a shiny exhaust tail pipe, and no orange lenses, i want to keep it looking fairly standard.......

Comment

Looking good Dan

miracle what a change of lights can do
                WTD - B3 coupe Quattro

Comment

cheers man,
                  Yeah, simple mod that really transforms the look of the car, they should have left the factory like that imo!

Comment

Dan's Audi 90 2.3E

These are my favourite threads - before & after ones keep up the good work
                    Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                    VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                    VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                    Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Looks very clean, I find the abs in these to be awful and have took the fuse out of mine as I was sick of faults and if u go for LPG make sure you go for a multi-point setup as the old fashion mixers sap the motors of what little power they have. I removed the original petrol tank on mine and replaced it with a LPG tank :-D

Comment

Cheers folks!

I would only go multipoint, have looked into it, as deeply as i could, and it looks like the job will be doing away with the KEIII-Jetronic gubbins, and using the likes of megasquirt or vems for the engine managment/ injection, then just using one of the regular multipoint LPG kits, was looking at the likes of the AC Stag 300Plus?
                        To be honest it would take that long to pay for itself, the only point in doing it would be to prove to myself that i could lol

What setup are you running?

Dan.

Comment

I was running a single point power robber setup but then went 1.8t and economy went out the window so back to good old petrol now

Comment

Lol, As you say, they have little enough power without that

Comment

That looks nice and tidy, that interior is seriously Blue. I'll have a decat pipe that I made for my NG Coupe avaiable after Chrsitmas.
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X