RS2 on eBay for under £10k!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 on eBay for under £10k!

I think this has been up for sale for ages surprised it's still available, surely an investment opportunity for someone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RS2-/...p2054897.l4275

Apparently it's only for that price for 5 days...

It's been on sale for WELL over a year or so even 2 years possibly. These sell ok in popular colours.Ragusa might be holding it back.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I can't imagine that holding it back so much when it's an unaltered example and appears to be taken care of very well indeed. Am I mad for thinking about begging borrowing and stealing to take the plunge?

Comment

Seems to have dropped in price about 3k or so suddenly. It is a trader which is fine but I always wonder about traders who photograph their cars in what look to be nice surroundings (ie, nice gravelled driveway) when it is possibly kept in a lock up somewhere for months gathering dust and not being used. Either way, £10k for this seems reasonable to me if all is well with it. I also like the colour, reg and interior. I just don't like the fact that I don't have ten thousand big ones burning a hole in my pocket.

Comment

Anyone entering S2 or RS2 ownership is mad ha ha ha.

Comment

So why has it sat doing nothing of about 2 years?? Very odd!
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

It baffles me too. Ragusa rocks.
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Maybe because it's up for sale in the a*** end of nowhere?

From the look of the location on google maps & streetview the nice gravel driveway is the house next to the 'showroom', for lack of a better word. It looks like they sell any old car - Ford C-Maxes, Corsas and the like - but perhaps the owner has had this as his personal car for a while and now wishes to sell it - you don't have to sell what personally gets you interested.

Their usual clientele will most likely be baffled as to why a near 20 year old Audi is worth £13k or whatever it used to be up for sale for, another possible reason for it not selling in God knows how long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                  Maybe because it's up for sale by an a*** ?
                  Fixed that for you.

Not necessarily the car, but the vendor.

As rightly pointed out, it sat for a couple of years. I made a few enquiries about it only recently , and a deal was potentially on the table totalling £12k.
                  I deliberated for a week, then the price went up to £14k. Now it's at sub £10k...

As I have said before, and I'll say again, it's a bloody battle trying to buy a car.....

Comment

Amen to that ! Quite bizarre, up for sale for a LONG time, price rising.......then dropped like a stone. Odd. Might well be a genuine reason for it but when the pool of these is so small a serious buyer would have alarm bells ringing.Vendor has done himself no favours here.
                    '

Comment

[QUOTE=Jack4688;801111]Maybe because it's up for sale in the a*** end of nowhere?

From the look of the location on google maps & streetview the nice gravel driveway is the house next to the 'showroom', for lack of a better word. It looks like they sell any old car - Ford C-Maxes, Corsas and the like - but perhaps the owner has had this as his personal car for a while and now wishes to sell it - you don't have to sell what personally gets you interested.

The a*** end of nowhere hey

Well I go there for work on most Mondays (we have got a depot there) I've seen the car advertised but never been to see it. I might have a look on Monday

Comment

I might have a look on Monday When you put it like that Shaun . Nice drive for you as surrounding areas of Crewkerne are very nice and good windy roads.
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          I might have a look on Monday When you put it like that Shaun . Nice drive for you as surrounding areas of Crewkerne are very nice and good windy roads.
                          I will be driving a ford connect tho

Just looked on a map and I know exactly where the garage is
                          Last edited by shaun5; 26 July 2014, 19:15.

Comment

keep us updated.....the car and the seller!!

Comment

Buy it Shaun, you know it makes sense!

Comment

Working...
                              X