B6 S4 - Project "BattleWagen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 S4 - Project "BattleWagen"

So many of you know i recently sold my ABY converted CQ, which breaks my heart but the time is definitely right.
    So i thought i'd introduce the replacement. Affectionately named the BattleWagen obviously being a 5 door "Wagen" and being Dolphin (Battleship) Grey, combined with being my daily whip we thought it appropriate.

She's nothing special, but had everything i wanted Bose, Cruise, Armrest, leather, parking sensors, EPIC soundtrack.
    But my main criteria when buying a B6 S4 was to avoid engine and timing chain issues this has been addressed due to a replacement engine last year, and to avoid an iminent clutch change, which has also been addressed as the clutch was done a the same time.

The added bonus of this car is that it had a rather neat LPG conversion fitted only 3000 miles ago, and she runs beautifully on it, which for a Northern Pikey like me is perfect!

She doesn't feel as quick as the S2 but im not sure if thats down to sheer weight or perception.

Oh yeah, she has a cool reg number too that reads "S4 Five Door" (although it'll be being removed in favour of a different reg soon)

Couple of issues to sort on it including a new rear wiper motor, a dodgy HID Ballast, Aircon re-gas, amongst other little niggles.

A few pics for you perv's...
    Attached Files
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Very nice, is the lpg tank in the spare wheel well?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah, there's a 73 litre tank (holds about 60litres of lpg) in the wheel well. And the filler is discretely positioned under the filler flap with a screw in adapter.

Comment

Nice buy, I had my first B6 S4 LPG converted (cost me 2K to convert) and getting a donut tank fitted, I had the same fitment as you in the lower bumper with the screw in adaptor. The only issue I ever had was with the inlet air flap moves at 4,000 rpm and thats when the BRC unit threw a wobbly because it didn't like the change in inlet air dynamics and it would throw a small misfire.

I replaced all the coil packs (check your numbers because Audi did a free replacement/recall on all the coil packs fyi) and in the end we cable tied the air flap to the open position and it solved it (MRC did all the exploratory work and solved the problem)

If you need any info on LPG problems, S4 problems or anything else let me know, I am on my second one.

All that aside car looks lovely, is is manual or tiptoe? RNS-E? Carbon? are you getting a milly?

Comment

Hi lee,
          I saw your saloon for sale recently which looked a good one but i really wanted an avant.
          Its just got the concert ii single din but with bose and a parrot bluetooth, i plan on getting a denison unit to play bluetooth music from my phone. Yeas its got carbon trim on it which really updates the interior i think. Its got a nicely made resonated custom stainless system on at the moment which sounds really nice, but i may get it non-res'ed in the future
          It runs lovely on lpg throughout the range. Its an ecotec system with lifetime warranty. Its a twin condenser setup with a valve saver add on. I cant yet feel the difference lpg vs petrol.
          Thanks for the offer on advice mate, i may take you up on that in the future.
          I'd like to check the coils, do you know what the updated part number is?
          James
          Last edited by re2500; 28 July 2014, 19:59.

Comment

V8 FTW! Nice one James, I had a feeling you'd be getting one. Looks really nice in dark grey, not a common colour. What interior?
            Are you on V-power? Makes a big difference.
            Good to hear the CQ should be quicker, that will piss Helen off
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              V8 FTW! Nice one James, I had a feeling you'd be getting one. Looks really nice in dark grey, not a common colour. What interior?
              Are you on V-power? Makes a big difference.
              Good to hear the CQ should be quicker, that will piss Helen off
              The v8 is addictive, especially in tunnels. Although the clutch and manual gearbox feel lovely, i do find it hard to change gear smoothly compared to the coupe the throttle is quite sensitive and the clutch snappy. I'll get used to it though.
              Yeah its got half a tank of v-power in it now. But ive been running it on lpg most of the time. Its full black leather inside with carbon, not heated unfortunately, but it was a small price to pay for the right car!
              She's already being lavished though! Ive got a new headlight, new rear wiper motor and 10litres of fuchs titan race pro 5w40 turning up this week.

Comment

Sounds like you have a nice one and some nice things planned for it, good that the exhaust is already been done, I am doing my milly soon.

I was going to sell it, but decided against it in the end as I thought I would have to just start again from scratch and I couldn't find anything as good to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                  The v8 is addictive, especially in tunnels
                  Hell yeah, four years on I still giggle like a small child, windows down at every opportunity....
                  B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Nice new motor James, good luck with it!
                    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                      Hell yeah, four years on I still giggle like a small child, windows down at every opportunity....
                      Haha, ive told my missus that the windows go down automatically in tunnels! I simply cant explain it

Comment

Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
                        Nice new motor James, good luck with it!
                        Thanks tim, im smitten with it at the moment. Although last nights oil change cost me
                        £105

Comment

Haha ouch, im sure it will be worth it inthe end though.
                          96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Nice one mate!

Looks like a good one
                            Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
                            Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
                            2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
                            Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
                            Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
                            Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
                            2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped