Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 quattro rear shocks on B4, do they fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 quattro rear shocks on B4, do they fit?

Hi guys

A quick and simple question. Does anyone know if you can fit B5 quattro shocks on B4 quattro? I find it difficult to find it for my B4 v6 but i can find for the B5.

I know that B5 rear axle is bolt on for B4 with the same kind of suspension, maybe its the same shock with only different number?

Apparently they shocks are very similar but might be a little too high see here
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43177
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Ah, that sucks. I wonder why they made them higher, B5 seems to weigh the same as B4.

Comment

Yes, BTDT.. all you need to do is cut another groove 10mm lower otherwise it will sit too high.
        www.quattro.ca
        B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
        B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Romka View Post
          Ah, that sucks. I wonder why they made them higher, B5 seems to weigh the same as B4.
          it is because the springs are shorter on the A4, that`s all....
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

B4 saloon ABC and Bilstein for B5 (yellow).
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, good to know, thx for replying!

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread.. so just to clarify:
                If i use one of:
                1. Both the shock And spring
                2. The complete strut-assembly, spring/shock and that big upper spring-perch(?)
                3. Or a complete Coilover-strut
                from a B5 quattro on my B4 quattro, everything will be pretty much good to go, no moving spring-seats or anything like that?

Anything to consider between my Audi 80 V6 quattro Sedan vs. Audi S2 quattro Avant regarding stiffness and stuff like that, shouldn't be much difference in weight etc. between th B4 and B5, right? At the rear that is..

Trying to widen my possible choices for renewal of the back end of both my cars.
                I'm really intrigued by a set of BC coilovers but they dont offer anything for the B4 Sedan/avant but have a set for the S2 Coupe (Same front setup as the B4) and the A4 quattro (Same setup at the rear im hoping..?) so i figure i could get them to send me a "special blend" to fit my cars.

Comment

Working...
                X