X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button confirmed for mclaren !

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/30328327

Thank god !!

Yay. He's too young to get the boot. Hopefully with the new engines, McLaren will be more competitive.

Time will tell.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Bad choice IMO, and I'm a fan.

His interviews have shown how pissed he is with McLaren and their pissing about have shown how little regard they have for him. Next season he won't care and they won't care.

Comment

...agreed, if it was me I would have thanked then then walked for taking so long to decide. Will make for a strange relationship next season I think
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Good news, although I agree about his attitude towards 'the car' and the poor wayvthat McLaren have conducted their deliberations.

Be interesting to see if Alonso outshines him, as not many expected Rosberg to run Hamilton so close, so may change my opinion of Button.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Button: Good in a good car...but he cannot wring the neck of a poor one or seemingly drive the development to deliver him something he can push. Unfortunately I think McLaren have diluted their focus with road cars, GT programme and such. Having said that will look forward to seeing the big 'M' at Le Mans next summer always room for a V12
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

If McLaren wasn't competitive with the Mercedes engine unit, probably now will be worst.

Redbull or Ferrari with Mercedes engine would have been much closer i think.

Anyway,time will tell

Button and Alonso, both mature gentlemen drivers

Button kicked Hamiltons as.s in McLaren so we'll see what he does against Alonso, who is the best kicking all his teammates
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Pleased he is staying in the sport and it will be very interesting seeing Jenson and Alonso race

Comment

I'm a Button fan so glad he's staying, but i've really lost a lot of respect for McLaren given how they've acted and treated their drivers who have continued to be model representatives for the company.

Button didn't really kick Hamiltons *** - in the 3 years they were together Button scored more overall points, but Hamilton beat him on points for 2 of the 3 years and i think it was only 2011 where Button was on fire and in contention for the championship whilst Hamilton was having a mental breakdown that Button came out clearly and decisively on-top.
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Really glad he's got a seat and I think the combination is great for the sport. We're already speculating so a positive is we're all looking forward to seeing how it pans out. I just hope the car is set up well and is reliable because Button is awesome when he's confident with the car.
                    Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

I'm quite glad to see him stay in formula 1, but I suspect it will be his last. It will be interesting to see how it plays out particularly given mclarens past relations with alonso too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7074737.stm Hopefully it will make for some competitive racing
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hamilton's dad did a lot of damage yes

Comment

I think its the right decision to keep Button. Magnusen should have been much stronger especially in qualifying. The issue with Button as other have said is that he is only good in a well set up car. He doesn't seem to be good at getting the best out of a poorer car and you would have to say he lacks the ability to develop a car?

Button reaped having Hamilton as his team mate as Hamilton has shown himself to be fantastic at car development and set up. He has won a race in every season he has driven in nobody else can boast that! He left Mclaren and the car was a winner, in the 2 season he has been gone not one victory.

If people think that Button is better than Hamilton then you have to expect Button to beat Alonso? After all Hamilton beat him in his rookie season when Alonso was reigning double world champion!

Comment

Everyone knows what happened with Dennis & Hamilton against Alonso in 2007

Later, the dog ended biting the owner ( ham vs Dennis)

Alonso would have won his 3rd championship in a row if those mafia didn't manipulate

Was hilarious, I've never seen something like this before in any team, loosing a well deserved championship against the super talent called Raikonen

Comment

Working...
                            X