Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 700hp becomes 900+ ?!

Hi!
    Thought Id start a thread about my S2 here since I watch and read alot her on S2forum =)

I bought the car in summer 2011. Ive always liked the shape and lines of the coupe so when I finally landed a job and could afford to buy one, I did
    When I bought the car it had an upgraded turbo, intercooler, h-rods and some other stuff and were pushing about 310hp.
    Then the Swedish winter came and I decided to upgrade to a VEMS system and new injectors to be able to get some more power out of it. Never made a dynotest afterwards but I dont think I got that many extra horses anyway so it didnt matter. I drove the car like this for the summer of 2012.
    Then another Swedish winter came and thats when the madness started!
    I had the number 700hp in my head so thats what I headed for.
    The choice fell on a 2.5l stroker engine since I thought much power needs a big turbo, a big turbo needs alot of exhaust to work. So I bought an almost new Garrett GT4088R wich is a ballbearing turbo.
    Anyways I cant manage to write everything so Im just going to write a list of stuff I put in the engine:

Head:
    7A head
    7A camcover
    7A cams
    034 race springs
    034 retainers
    Tommis upper camsprocket
    Custom homemade intake manifold

Bottom:
    2.5l stroker engineblock by Custom Parts Service
    JE pistons
    H-rods
    Leanders lightweight aluminuim flywheel

Garrett GT4088R turbo
    Custom Parts Service exhaust manifold
    3" stainless exhaust system with 1 silencer sticking out just in front of the rear wheel.

Fuel:
    Walbro pump in the tank
    Catchtank in the trunk
    2 bosch 044 pumps
    AN8 lines all the way
    Bosch 1700cc injectors
    AEM fuelpressure regulator
    E85 in the tank

Im sure I forgot some stuff but thats the main stuff

Heres some pictures of the car:
    As it was when I bought it:

I havent really made any changes to the outside as Im quite happy with how it looks with the Treser rear lights and the RS2 front. But I did paint the wheels matteblack and put some stickers on it. So heres how it looks today:

And the enginebay:

Yeah, I know the coke bottle Havent got my catchtank yet but it will be the when its time to take the car out of the garage again!

The trunk:

Although I made it to my 700hp goal it has not been all fun. Early this summer the conrod bearings and crankshaft bearings run a bit dry I think:

After this I installed the acuusump kit so I wouldnt loose oilpressure wich I thought was the reason for the earlier engine crash. But after installing this I noticed that the oilpressure would slack anyway. I could do a slow pull and still see the oilpressure gauge loose pressure up on higher rpms. After a few moments of thinking and talking to friends I decided to change oil to a thinner one. I was using a Castrol Titanium something 10-60. Changed it for Kendall 10-50 and immedieatly saw a change!

The car ran smooth the rest of the summer and the plan for this winter was only to put it in the garage and let it stay there until the lakes froze because last winter I bought real icetires for it.
    But a month ago now the wheel for the cambelt decided to quit so at around 6000rpm the cambelt came off. Fortunatly only 4 intake valves were a bit damaged and everything else is fine.
    Since I hade to take it apart anyway now and wont have it back together before the ice (if there will be any this year) I thought Id do some more upgrades.

So for next year I will have some new parts:
    Borg Warner EFR 9180 Turbocharger
    Bosch 2200 injectors
    Ported head
    New cams (cat cams)
    New intake manifold
    Modified exhaust manifold
    Probably new wastegate aswell

The goal for next year will be 900hp +
    The stuff Im running will probably be able to push 1000hp but I wont aim for that because then it will end at 999hp.

So thats that. Will update as soon as something new comes up!

Cheers!

Nice english, nice photos, nice car, nuts power target.

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to further updates.

Comment

Wow, nice car! So oil pump cavitation is real...

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Sweet project. Good luck with the winter upgrades!
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hi nice car and project what caused the cambelt to fail?

Comment

Awesome car, it must be an animal to drive.

Interesting to hear about your oil problems, making a wet sump work on high power high rev engines can be a pain.
            The ONLY S2 Golf!
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
            10.42@138mph
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Very interesting project well done to you. But is a 900 plus bhp car actually faster than a 700 bhp one? I know more is better but surely it must have lots of lag then so much power things become a blur at that sorta power??

Comment

Nice project. I like the coca cola breather tank. I had the same thing for a year.
                --------------------------------------------------------
                Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

nice cola catch tank
                  AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments guys!

The cause of the cambelt coming off were a bolt to the cambelt tensionwheel that vibrated loose (I have very stiff enginemounts).

diesel des: Perhaps it wont be that much faster but if I just can get some real tires on the car it will make a big difference! Right now my best 201m time is 7,24 with 160km/h finishing speed ant that was on 18" street tires (nankang NS-II).
                    Now Im driving on Federal RS-R 595 and its alot better grip than before but I havent got a chance to do any timed pulls.

Anyways, here is a videoclip from this summer when I did that 7,24 run. I also made a run with 170km/h endspeed.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3G1...Ugunye7slMz31g

Comment

Originally posted by S2SE View Post
                      Thanks for all of your comments guys!

The cause of the cambelt coming off were a bolt to the cambelt tensionwheel that vibrated loose (I have very stiff enginemounts).

diesel des: Perhaps it wont be that much faster but if I just can get some real tires on the car it will make a big difference! Right now my best 201m time is 7,24 with 160km/h finishing speed ant that was on 18" street tires (nankang NS-II).
                      Now Im driving on Federal RS-R 595 and its alot better grip than before but I havent got a chance to do any timed pulls.

Anyways, here is a videoclip from this summer when I did that 7,24 run. I also made a run with 170km/h endspeed.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3G1...Ugunye7slMz31g
                      With yokohama 048m and 650hp I was doing 60ft 1.6-1.7s and 201m 7.1s speed 103mph,402m 10.7s with 128mph speed.But when I put drag slicks My time change to
                      60ft 1.44-1.48s 201m 6.7s speed 105mph and 402 10.37s speed 135mph.Was possible make about 10.1s for 1/4 mile if not clutch pressure plate fail.
                      For better grip just go for drag slicks no other tyre can help you
                      Last edited by Biturbo; 14 December 2014, 20:30.

Comment

Amazing car. I especially like the coke bottle. Did you get one with your name on it?

There's definitely a lack of ice here in Finland too, just like last year. Maybe it's the result of global warming caused by high powered sports cars?...... nah!
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1990 CQ20v
                        2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Nice gloves and nice breather tank

Comment

Nice project!
                            Which rpm is the spool?

Comment

10w60 oil is to thick for the I5 engine, we got suckered into thinking it was good years ago because the engine sounded quieter but after oilman joined we quickly moved back to 5w40 or 10w50 as a good oil when he explained why 10w60 was a bad choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X