Suspension parts for my URS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension parts for my URS4

I am looking for some suspension parts for my URS4, but they seem to be hard to source from one place. Looking for decent manufacturers (Febi, Lemforder etc.).

Looking for rear top mounts, bump stops all round and control arm and anti-roll bar bushes.

Any suggestions of shops that specialize in these old bangers? Dealers would charge a leg for parts, so would like not to go through them
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Thoughts on Q drive? Whole control arm on eurocarparts now sits at £34.
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Can't find rear bumpstops and dustcovers, or rear suspension mounts? Any pointers?
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

If you can get the oem part numbers and ask a local factors / German & Swedish or C&R Enterprises can they supply the equivalent in a branded part, Sachs, Lemforder, Febi, brand or even a spurious brand if you're stuck.

Not at home for the next few days so can't look at the old packets I always keep.

Others will know more.

The oem parts numbers are your crucial starting point, followed by a search on Goggle which will throw plenty of brands, prices, and parts numbers and work from there.

Post your end results for the rest of us C4 owners.

Also check Ddave's links on Quattroworld with the "live" clickable links.

HTH.

Post photos just for reference. Photos are worth a thousand words etc. etc.

Comment

I have all the OEM numbers (441512331 - mounts, 441512129 - bumpstop) and google isn't bringing anything up (apart from US sites). Audi is asking £88 per mount which I think is outrages. Febi, Sachs, Lemforder catalogs won't bring anything up, just front mounts. Bumpstops costs a fortune too.
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Grand, so my post was less help that I thought.

Looking forward to others contributions even more now.

Kind regards.

Comment

Parts for FWD is coming up plenty, nothing for quattro's.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I think i posted it in another thread just a few days ago.Search ebay de i did, and plenty of stuff comes up, at least it did just a few a few months ago. Only problem i found is a lot of German business sellers won't post to UK.

This seller posts to uk for example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3605375928...84.m1436.l2649

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                  I think i posted it in another thread just a few days ago.Search ebay de i did, and plenty of stuff comes up, at least it did just a few a few months ago. Only problem i found is a lot of German business sellers won't post to UK.

This seller posts to uk for example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3605375928...84.m1436.l2649

£50 delivered But I guess that's the only way Won't get it during the Christmas anyways, so will leave it till later, and chase the parts down in Germany.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                    £50 delivered But I guess that's the only way Won't get it during the Christmas anyways, so will leave it till later, and chase the parts down in Germany.
                    Again like i keep posting on here Janis it really is not worth owning an old audi unless your one of those lucky oil workers up north earning gazillions or you want to bankrupt yourself. Its actually considerably cheaper to maintain all new suspension parts british made for a Vintage Jaguar with the 5.3 litre V12 engine. Absolutely no contest there. And yet, we still like fools plough down the same route of trying to keep and old Audi on the road. The fools are us British because the Germans can afford without much of a problem as they earn more per equivalent job in general and have far less living costs to stump up each month compared to here. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of Germans crawling all over Uk ebay for high end HiFi all our best of everything. It's not an equal world Janis even in this little bit called Europe!
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                      Again like i keep posting on here Janis it really is not worth owning an old audi unless your one of those lucky oil workers up north earning gazillions or you want to bankrupt yourself. Its actually considerably cheaper to maintain all new suspension parts british made for a Vintage Jaguar with the 5.3 litre V12 engine. Absolutely no contest there. And yet, we still like fools plough down the same route of trying to keep and old Audi on the road. The fools are us British because the Germans can afford without much of a problem as they earn more per equivalent job in general and have far less living costs to stump up each month compared to here. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of Germans crawling all over Uk ebay for high end HiFi all our best of everything. It's not an equal world Janis even in this little bit called Europe!
                      but,but,but,but I like my S4, and that five pot under the hood. It's worth the money. Been looking at D3 A8's, and swear, in long term it would pay off I reckon
                      I just wanted to sort the suspension out during Christmas break, but if I order parts in from Germany that ain't happening. I'll just leave the rear for easter probably. Did buy new front bumpstops, mounts and bushes for one of the control arms. Will have one stiff front end.
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I like our old audis Janis but i don't like the 100% price increases since this recession started.I have the evidence as i bought all new suspension for my Silver 80 2.6 avant 7 years ago and since then the prices have more than doubled. If they keep going like that sort of increase every few years it will be like house prices? No? Ridiculous!
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Some prices are ridiculous I must admit.
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I use the febi website alot to find febi part No.s, go to this link and put your vehicle in:

http://cars.febi-parts.com/?lang=GB

four yours I found it by going through the audi 100 model. From that link I think your rear bump stops are Febi No. 23416, a quick search on ebay found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-23416...item43d09a0475

Please do check for yourself before buying, I just had a very quick look.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
                              I use the febi website alot to find febi part No.s, go to this link and put your vehicle in:

http://cars.febi-parts.com/?lang=GB

four yours I found it by going through the audi 100 model. From that link I think your rear bump stops are Febi No. 23416, a quick search on ebay found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-23416...item43d09a0475

Please do check for yourself before buying, I just had a very quick look.
                              I got the front end sorted mate, I have problems with the rear end.
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                              X