1995 Audi S6 Avant Auto - £1500 - Rugby, Warwickshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Audi S6 Avant Auto - £1500 - Rugby, Warwickshire

I know, one post wonder but I tend to lurk on here rather than get involved, until today that is!

Up for sale is my 1995 Audi S6 Turbo Quattro Avant Auto.

I bought the car earlier this year, it had been off the road for many months and needed a few bits to get an MOT certificate. The work I completed included new brakes, a headlight, a new exhaust manifold and a track rod end. I have had it on the road since September and have put two thousand or so miles on it and it has been good but is by no means a mint example!

My intentions were to run it through winter and refresh various bits as I went on but I will soon be receiving a 4x4 company car so unfortunately I have to shift this on to make space at home.

Let’s get the negatives out of the way first:
    - The exterior is not a pretty picture, there are scratches and dings on pretty much every panel and some ugly rust on both of the front wings, the front bumper and bonnet have a pretty awful paint finish.
    - The multiplug connection on the ABS pump has just this morning comprehensively broken, the electrical contacts have corroded away to nothing, there is now a warning light on the dash because of this and of course, the ABS will be inoperative until this is rectified – a quick ebay scan suggests a serviceable used unit is around £200
    - Something sounds a bit like a rattle snake when the turbo spins up.
    - It has covered just over 220000 miles
    - The rear suspension feels a bit tired and was mentioned in the advisory section on the MOT.
    - The air conditioning is inoperative and there are various bulbs blown in the instrument cluster.
    - I believe that the oil pump is noisy, I could be wrong but there is a slight noise at idle and it definitely isn't anything driven by the aux. drive belt.
    - Occasionally seems to crank over for longer than what I deem to be 'normal' before it starts, hasn't ever failed to start though.
    - The offside headlamp washer leaks so is currently not connected.
    - The remote for the central locking doesn't seem to work, the central locking works well with the key in the door though.

Reading that back it sounds awful but it is what I would want to know if I were to buy it again and its worth remembering that it has never actually let me down or made me look silly.

On to the positives!
    - It’s a rare old beast, I haven’t seen another one out on the road yet!
    - Recently had a new radiator and a quick pre-winter service (oil and filter change, spark plugs etc,)
    - It’s a really rather fast car, it must have been a revelation when it was launched, it’s still fast today!
    - It is currently on four genuine Audi rims with excellent condition winter tyres on, the original alloys are sat in my garage with no tyres (I was going to have them powdercoated as the original finish has long passed its best.)
    - It’s very comfortable and has a huge boot, the interior has some nice features like electrically adjustable seats too.
    - MOT until September 22nd 2015
    - Its got an old style tax disc in the window that doesn’t expire until February, not entirely sure if this means the car is taxed anymore so assume no tax!
    - There is a folder with various receipts for work that the car has had and the original book pack is still there.

The car is located at my home in Rugby, Warwickshire. I would like £1500 for it which is what it owes me and that seems to be a reasonable price, I know it needs a few bits tidying up but I think that there is plenty of life left in it yet!

If you are interested and have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch either on here or call/text me on 07880 one eight two 154.

Many thanks.

Oh yes, pictures...

Last edited by Flynn; 17 January 2015, 14:22. Reason: Price changed.

Your S6 doesn't look much different to any other for sale recently so perhaps your being a little too harsh on her.Pics of the interior might help.Ecru it looks like? Anyway from one owner of the URS6 to another all the best.GLWS.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thank you very much. I have got a few more pictures and even treated it to a wash a few days ago!

Interior:

The worst of the two wings:

Other side:

Most recent exterior shot:

And one more interior shot:

Comment

Hi. Have you ever driven another one of these cars? Do you know if it performs as it should?

Comment

Hi,

I have not driven another one of these but I am confident that it is running well.

Comment

Hp2 or UFO front brakes?

Comment

its a S6 so should be HP2

Comment

Yep, HP2

Comment

Still available, £1250 and its all yours, run it around until the MOT runs out and then break it up for spares, it'll pay for itself!

Comment

Sent you a message mate.
                    Pm me back
                    Cheers

Comment

Hi, PM replied to.

Thanks.

Comment

This has now sold.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...