Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hi guys new to the s2 and iv seen many different caliper variets my question is for now as a quick brake upgrade which would be a good simple bolt on brale upgrade for the fronts no machining or anything just a simple bolt on kot thats cheapish for now because these standard brakes are crap anyone know of any? Or got any complete kits i could buy pleeeeeease thanks in advance

The tried and tested route that simply bolts on is 996 caliper with rs2 brackets and card lines. Not cheap but problem free

Comment

welcome to the clan.

probly the weakest bit on the s2 the brakes.

Comment

Have to say i'm not too disapointed with the brakes on teh S2 in general. But for sure they don't step up to the mark when needed and definately no good for any more than stock power or track days.

Comment

my corrado g60 had bigger, better brakes out of the box.

I thought they were crap tbh

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
            Have to say i'm not too disapointed with the brakes on teh S2 in general. But for sure they don't step up to the mark when needed and definately no good for any more than stock power or track days.

If the G60 S2 twin pots are maintained well enough they are decent brakes.Our 2.8 80 cabriolet has them and they stop very well.

If you want really good brakes then go for Porsche 996.
            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 18 December 2014, 13:06.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

there's no doubt that the standard brakes are not great at all and should've been better out of the factory...but I find with my standard setups , I can't get away with driving like a complete c**k ....I do have to think ahead a bit more -no bad thing on twisty Highland roads!

Comment

Brakes

There are - as you'll see if you search the threads - loads of variations you can go for depending on your aim and budget.

From experience I can vouch for the combination of:

996 calipers
                Audi A8 discs
                RS2 caliper carriers
                Hard and braided brake lines

Not cheap - but probably the best trade-off between performance improvement and budget.

NOTE you'll not get a set up like this inside standard wheels so budget for 18" rims as a min.

D

Comment

996 calipers
                  a8 314 discs
                  bambridge caliper carriers
                  rs2 hardlines or aftermarket flexis

Fit under 16" avus alloys.
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I had the Porsche brakes under 17" S4 rims with 323mm discs.just need to space them out. Very good and upto the job no problem on the S2, if you add the S4 V8 300mm rear brakes too you have the perfect combo.
                    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Cheers guys. .. already have braded lines and that just needed to know different combis of brakes ... iv managed to get some hp2 calipers cheap so ill get some brackets made and throw them on for now till i go for another set of brakes at a later date if anyone knows anyone with the hp2 caliper carriers already made id be grateful?

Comment

Will the a6 c5 320x30 disc work with the porsche calipers? Just that I have a brand new set slotted and drilled. Sorry to hijack a little.

Comment

No bother mate the more peo0le ask questions on here the more i learn myself haha

Comment

Working...
                          X