URS6 estate overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS6 estate overhaul.

I am about to start the overhaul/heavy duty maintenance and eventually some nice OE upgrades on my S6 and will post some pictures on here when i can get some reasonable ones done.Here is a picture for now.

I have just purchased 4 of 255/40 x 17 Goodyear asymmetric 2 tyres and these will be going on the runout model PLUS spec alloys which are awaiting refurbed.

Can anyone help me out with the paint code for the Plus speck alloys?? I am wondering if the code is the same as the Avus 16" S2/S6 alloy wheel which is Z17. If that is the case i can get the powder coating matched up to a new Avus S2 alloy i can take to them. If someone can confirm the paint code that would be great. Cheers.

Attached Files
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Mark: S6plus wheels, 4A0601025N, have a paint code of Z17.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
      Car looks good, looking forward to seeing this thread develop. With photos and part numbers.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
        Car looks good, looking forward to seeing this thread develop. With photos and part numbers.

Best wishes.
        Same here - subscribed!

Comment

Cheers Guys.

Dave,cheers mate.

Macspring, photos and part numbers for Sure as i like them too as you know

UrsTom,wil be interesting and i will be after some shocks maybee.

No Doubt i will need some help/advice along the way but my aim is to completely renew/refurbish the suspension using OE equipment as far as possible.I do want to do a 996 Porshe front brake upgrade as and when funds allow so am very much looking forward to achieving those goals and using the URS6 as a family holiday car with occasional sunday outings. I will be installing headlamp wash,cruise control,wider radio aperture to take the brand new Audi Delta i have for the car.

I drove duffelcoats car with the prj chip back in march and was really impressed with it. 280bhp is plenty for me as i want to keep the car looking standard.

I am parting out my 97 A6 C4. Its the 30v 2.8 7 seater dealer demonstrator which was loaded up and is a genuine 46,000!! Unless somebody wants to give me £3,500 my original purchase price 7 years ago, car has cost me more than that with the genuine NEW rear luggage blind and floormats, i am afraid it will be sacrificed for the good of the S6.I will no doubt loose money but i am passionate about the S6 so not bothered. I will use some of the LOVELY MINT AS NEW PARTS that cost a fortune if you could find as good.I just hope the Propshaft is the same as it's in perfect shape unlike the urs6 so here's hoping. The climate control panel will be kept for my 80 2.6 AVANT something i have been thinking about for a long time.

Couple of picks of whats occuring at the moment.

Attached Files
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Very nice and oldschool

Love those new tyres, they just scream grip!
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Can't beat old school Ryan , the I5 might be old but it plays a good tune and goes very well
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

i will be watching this thread closely

My plan is to eventually do the same to my S6. I have got spare subframes, suspension parts so I can get all mine refurbed and fit them in one hit

So my car is chipped by pri, I have only driven it a few times so far but it does fly. It feels faster than my S2.

Comment

That's the way to do it, have spares, refurb all and fit in one go. I don't have spares so will be more awkward for me.

Your car was chipped by prj last year and it felt awsome to me.Just goes to show what a maintained near 200,000 mile car can be like!! I think Richard was mad to let it go as he had spent a lot on it changing all the engine sensors and i can confirm it runs beautifully,even the clutch was light which was very surprising as they didn't leave the factory that way.He put brand new continetal conti sport 3 on the front and your car felt comfortable yet the handling is definately better than a standard S2 coupe.That number plate he let go with it..... URS6 20V..... that he had only just ordered from DVLA i have to say i am envious.... had i known about it before you knew he would have sold it to me. Your gain you lucky lucky fellow.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Nice car

Looking forward to the updates. Good choice of tyre as well. Are the wheels pictured the Plus spec ones your getting refured?
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Cheers. Yours is pretty cool too I ummed are arrrd between the continentals and the these.

Yes those are the plus speck alloys getting refurbed. They should be done end of next week.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                        That's the way to do it, have spares, refurb all and fit in one go. I don't have spares so will be more awkward for me.

Your car was chipped by prj last year and it felt awsome to me.Just goes to show what a maintained near 200,000 mile car can be like!! I think Richard was mad to let it go as he had spent a lot on it changing all the engine sensors and i can confirm it runs beautifully,even the clutch was light which was very surprising as they didn't leave the factory that way.He put brand new continetal conti sport 3 on the front and your car felt comfortable yet the handling is definately better than a standard S2 coupe.That number plate he let go with it..... URS6 20V..... that he had only just ordered from DVLA i have to say i am envious.... had i known about it before you knew he would have sold it to me. Your gain you lucky lucky fellow.
                        I may be able to help you with suspension parts I will be able to say more in a month or so if that's any good?

If you think the clutch was light in my S6 then you must be a strong bloke the car is really for my girlfriend and im worried its to heavy for her!!!! When I did my S2's clutch I lubricated it all up and that is a very light clutch now Im thinking I may need to remove the gearbox and do the same to the S6

I still haven't given the car a good look over yet but when I did remove the wheels to clean them I was concerned to find most of the front brake pads were half out and the clips that hold them in were broken, there was a rub mark all around a front wheel

I am concerned that the person who worked on the car before I got it was a bit slap dash.
                        It make me wonder what else I am gunna find wrong with it

Comment

Always good to know there might be some good suspension parts

I am surprised that most of the front brake pads were half out and rubbing as there was nothing wrong at all on my test drive.That was Richards problem he had to rely on people doing all the work for him.The main reason why i try to do most work myself especially when moneys tight as cannot trust any one!! Except Audi at mortgage money!! I think he said one garage made him wait 6 weeks to what should be a simple job for a garage. He got fed up with that and to be honest can't blame him.For what you paid you got a bargain. Even cars without an Mot sell for up to £1,700 and some are really rough. But as ever if it's a manual they sell no problem.

but sounds like a plan to remove the S6 gearbox and lubricate it all up.When you do.... take lots of pictures so we can all see.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

After a long delay at the powder coaters (he is extremely busy and there is a que)my wheels were collected almost a week ago.I have used them before and am really pleased with the results again. He said they were in great condition compared to the usual heavy corroded alloy he sees because they had spray painted before.So great news there!

Here's a picture of one taken late yesterday evening with 1 of the new hubcaps audi kindly provided and will get a pic soon with all 4 on the car.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 19 June 2014, 12:48.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Looks sweet Keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X