Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A4 quattro rear hubs on the front of 80 tdi??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 quattro rear hubs on the front of 80 tdi??

Not sure if this has been covered before (can't find anything on a search).

But I have got coming a set of rear hubs from a A4 quattro after reading that there is a possibility that with some machining etc can be made to fit the front of and 80 to enable the fitment of 5x112 wheels,

So does anyone have any experience on this?

Has it been done before?

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers
    Urs6 avant nogaro
    s2 avant

Easier than you thought.
    No machinig required. ~2mm spacer between hub and brake disk or between caliper carrier and hub carrier and that's it.

B5 quattro rear on the left, B4 front on the right:

As you can see b5 hub is ~2mm lower so spacers are needed to center brake disk in caliper. Haven't completed swap yet, but here's test fit of exact combination:

TDI (as well as others except V6 and S2) uses the same 75mm bearing as b5 quattro rear.

P.S. sorry for ruining s2 hub market

Comment

So then a4 wheel styles fit a b4?
      What can be done for v6 fronts?
      Rears on quattro from b5 too?

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
        ~2mm spacer between hub and brake disk or between caliper carrier and hub carrier and that's it.
        Or a 2mm spacer inside the hub-carrier so that bearing would be pressed into the carrier not till the end (2mm higher).

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
        So then a4 wheel styles fit a b4?
        What can be done for v6 fronts?
        Rears on quattro from b5 too?
        1. Not so much (poor ET).
        2. Genuine S2 front, 100-A6(4A)Quattro rear/UrS4/UrS6/200(44)/V8(D11) hubs.
        3. Yes but +8mm offset (good indeed).

Comment

Pretty much any wheel that fits on S2 will fit then.
          For V6 fronts use hub from regular non-S (S hubs has different offset) C4 quattro rear. Little bit of machining required in this case for hub to fit in carrier but no spacers needed. 82mm bearing for both.

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
          Or a 2mm spacer inside the hub-carrier so that bearing would be pressed into the carrier not till the end (2mm higher).
          Never thought of this option but yes, this will work too

Comment

Well thanks alot for that! You wouldn't believe how long I've had trawling the net typing in different things looking at parts listings etc

Thanks very much!
            Urs6 avant nogaro
            s2 avant

Comment

i read before that b5 1.8t quattro hubs fit straight into the rear of a coupe quattro, is this true then?

if i read this right, b5 quattro rears will fit into the front AND rear of a coupe quattro? (im not too fussed about disk offset as i need to make adaptors to fit brembo 6 pots anyway

thanks

Comment

A bit more information about b5 quattro rear hubs to b4

Actually there is no need for spacers in front. Just swap hubs, redrill discs, put brakes back and install wheels.
                Rear end is also easy - swap hubs and install b5 brake discs with b4 brakes.

Atm I am using b5/c5 oem alloys et45 for winter season. They fit and look nice to me. Front offset looks a bit weird at first sight, because wheels are quite deep in arch, but at least most of dirt stays inside arch and is not sprayed all over side.

I can take a picture later.

Comment

is there no other way rather than redrill holes in brake discs in front?
                  i' abit confused. so for 4cyl b4 quattro i have to just put b5 rear hubs. whats up with the front side? what hubs go there?

Comment

Originally posted by greenone View Post
                    i' abit confused. so for 4cyl b4 quattro i have to just put b5 rear hubs. whats up with the front side? what hubs go there?
                    B5 quattro rear hubs go also to front.

Maybe there are some 5x112 discs that fit, but i did not find any suitable from audi/vw selection. Maybe MB cars have discs that could fit?

Comment

S2 276mm disks with OEM G60 calipers. Or go custom big caliper upgrage with 314/321/323 audi discs or 330 MB discs etc..
                      Last edited by _ShurikeN; 3 November 2014, 21:31.

Comment

with laws over here i may aswell forget about anything custom.
                        so, from what kermps says i have to get two sets of b5 rear hubs for both front and rear, b5 rear brake discs and redrill front b4 brake discs. now it's getting more clear.
                        kermps, do you have any pic of your redrilled brake discs?

Comment

Are we talking b5 Quattro tdi rear hubs? Is there a difference in drive size for petrol and diesel b5 Quattro rear hubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Kermps View Post

Actually there is no need for spacers in front.
                            This may work with used or narrower disks. I tried with new one and disk rubbed against caliper carrier.

Originally posted by greenone View Post
                            Brand new S2 disks. 70eur for pair of Zimmermann.

Originally posted by irish rwd View Post
                            Are we talking b5 Quattro tdi rear hubs? Is there a difference in drive size for petrol and diesel b5 Quattro rear hubs?
                            Any B5q rear hub. Vagcat shows only one hub for all of them including S4 - 8D0501653B

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                              Brand new S2 disks. 70eur for pair of Zimmermann.
                              are these discs going to work with calippers i have or am i going to have to get a set of g60 calippers?
                              looks like i need to start collecting everything for swapping 4x108 to 5x112.

Comment

Working...
                              X