Very Low mileage 1996 S2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Low mileage 1996 S2.

Was £4750 2 years ago and took a while to sell, now on at where it is.Might be of interest to someone on here.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C616928
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Cat c in 1998 is along time ago imagine how much this Coupe would be worth if not a cat c!?! Very very low mileage

Comment

Nice. Be nice to know for the future owner if he has details describing the damage/ repair. Not stated in the advert.

Picture's taken close to Northallerton on the A19.
      Stuart
      B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Im currently looking for an s2. Surely the low mileage doesn't outweigh the cat c? Unless it came back as needing a paint job for vandalism or something else trivial

Comment

Looks very interesting but why was it earmarked for a project/restoration?

Comment

got to buy on overall condition not the miles. I could drive 44k miles like a rally driver, or 44k like a granny On the one hand with correct papers and supporting evidence/history on the CAT C, it may be trivial, on the other hand could be a nightmare.

I would have thought that at that mileage, many of the rubber parts will be original, so expect to spend some time underneath it renewing stuff - but that would likely be the case with most unless proven to have been done recently/poly-bushed etc.

*could* be a little gem for someone....
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SE_30 View Post
              Nice. Be nice to know for the future owner if he has details describing the damage/ repair. Not stated in the advert.

Picture's taken close to Northallerton on the A19.
              Agreed, some more info would be good.
              Quote "car is in excellent condition with little evidence of its previous history".

Comment

I remember this car from last time it was for sale. I would have gone for a look at it were it not green
                The Cat C is a major concern. You have to wonder though what extend of damage was done to write off a 2 year old car that was probably worth the best part of £25k at the time. It might be as simple as the airbag deployed. I remember they used to instantly write cars off for that in the early days.
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I agree with Alex, how much damage did it sustain to be a write off 2 years into its life?
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Mines been Cat C'd 3 times in the last 10 years

Comment

At what point in a cars life does a "cat" status become irrelevant...?

E type jags, old Triumphs, or Sunbeams etc; classics... They don't carry a Cat status, as it wasn't around then. Was it a late 80's/90s thing?
                      peoe would be falling over themselves if an old TR6 they had bought had been restored because it had rusted away so much beyond economical repair that it could "re shelled" with a heritage body... Depends entirely on someone's viewpoint.

IMHO, all cat status does us gives you knowledge/history of a car, and if it's on the wrong side, knocks a chunk of cash off. I've not a problem with one, providing it's been repaired well, and valued accordingly.
                      As an example, I don't think there was much wrong with PolishingFrenchies....

If I was after a low mileage coupe, I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it was checked out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fat Audi 80;856103]I agree with Alex, how much damage did it sustain to be a write off 2 years into its life? [/QUOTE

An insurance assessor I know reckons as little as 35% of value can be enough to write a car off

If that was 25k motor so as little as £9750.... Say someone had driven it down a country lane, and got gouged down the side by a lorry ( seen it happen in Shire lane/Orpington)

A wing/door/mirror rear panelwork and full respray by an Audi dealer, I'm sure that would be getting on for £10k.....

Comment

Or chassis damage? It is all speculation. Anyone interested would be mad not to have it professionally checked out if the relevant docs are not present to illustrate exactly what the crack was. If it is all fine, then could be a goodun just as much as a car without any Cat status could be a total shed.

Comment

A wing/door/mirror rear panelwork and full respray by an Audi dealer, I'm sure that would be getting on for £10k.....[/QUOTE]

It needs to be viewed or paperwork seen before a real decision can be made of its true value. Don't forget back in 1998 labour rates weren't as high as what they are now and £10k was a fair chunk of money.

Comment

Not saying don't touch it it, just that it must have had serious damage of some sort which needs checking out...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X