Greetings from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the US

Hello, I realize I am a bit out of place here as we did not receive any productions S2's. In order to amend this problem, I am turning my 90' Coupe Quattro into an s2 clone. My previous build was an a1 vw gti, However I am excited to learn about a new machine.

Best,

-Josh C

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.
    You will find all the info you'll need here.
    We have a few members in the US with S2 converted CQs
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Great to have new people join, you'll find all the help and advice you need right here

Comment

and as already said all the right info on here for your build, and we need pickys of your car before, during and the finished product

Comment

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the new project.
          96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Lot's of good people on here to help you but make sure you wallet is full
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Glad you found this board Josh, great wealth of knowledge here!

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

As I said my previous build was an a1 gti. I used it mostly for track days, all in all I think I had 4 different engine combinations in that car before I sold it. I sold it as a Motronic aba-t. I Spent ENTIRELY too much money on it. Anyways heres a few pictures of my new coupe, and its new power plant. I bought this car as a graduation gift to myself... Yet I have a year left. So, That being said There will be little to no progress on the car for quite some time. I will go through the engine and prep it for the swap. However, thats as far untill I get my pricey little piece of paper.

The goals are very simple for this build. 400 bhp s2 Clone.

I am thinking I will swap in the 3b s2 harness and ecu I have purchased to get the car running/ start enjoying. After that is going, I will rebuild the stock 7a with forged rods and lower compression pistons, mate that to a gt3071 or '76 and proceed. If any of you guys have input im all ears. Like i said the next few years will be largley part collecting and learning. Then I will start the real work.

I am up in the air as to build the 3b or 7a. The main goal being that I actually drive and enjoy this car. I was always rebuilding/ upgrading my rabbit and in the end it made it un-enjoyable.

Best,

- Josh C.

Comment

Do it!

I too am waiting for the motor to get tired but perhaps a 07k in its future...

Comment

I too am waiting for the motor to get tired but perhaps a 07k in its future...
                    Could be a long wait as these engines are robust.
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                      Could be a long wait as these engines are robust.
                      Seriously! the 7a currently in the car is at 253,xxx and still ticking. The 3b I will be dropping in is half that milage.

So, my buddy just confirmed he will be painting my car. I really want to keep the white pearl, but the other half is taking into deep consideration LZ5M Nogaroblau.

All the s2 clones around me are pearl. I really don't know how I feel about changing the car color as I would probably not have the time to take out the engine and have the bay sprayed. I just don't know how annoyed I would be, or how the unsprayed bay would effect resale.

Thoughts?

-Josh C.

Comment

Originally posted by ((A.V.))mk-1 View Post
                        Thoughts?
                        1. Forget the 7A, go 3B, or better yet (tuning-wise), AAN with modified AAN harness.

2. Stay pearl. Subtle is good.
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          1. Forget the 7A, go 3B, or better yet (tuning-wise), AAN with modified AAN harness.

2. Stay pearl. Subtle is good.
                          AAN would be cool. I bought full 3b harness and management. So that's the route I'm going to go. Maybe save the 7a cams for later.

Comment

Originally posted by ((A.V.))mk-1 View Post
                            AAN would be cool. I bought full 3b harness and management. So that's the route I'm going to go. Maybe save the 7a cams for later.
                            Put the 7a cams in while you are replacing the timing belt & valve cover gasket.
                            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                              Put the 7a cams in while you are replacing the timing belt & valve cover gasket.
                              Not a bad idea at all. I was planning on just dropping in the 3b as is. Seems kind of foolish not to replace the timing belt when I think bout it however. Pretty cheap insurance policy on my valves. Plus I would get the experience on the engine. Looks like S2 bumpers (front and rear) will be coming my way sometime next week. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

-Josh C

Comment

Working...
                              X