Fault codes grrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault codes grrrr!

Well I have to say apart from a few little bits n bobs my s2 has been running beautifully.

Obviously, it's a question of when not if you start having problems as we all know.

So running on ts chips and rs2 turbo and pulling hard to 1.7 bar, I decided that this wasn't enough as it should be 1.9. Did a boost leak test and no leaks I changed the spring on the forge recirc and get to 1.8 but then started getting a misfire under load intermittently.

I changed back to the green spring from blue and expected it to be ok, still misfiring

I'm thinking boost leak as the maf hose is original and it got pulled about whilst playing with the forge.

Decided to vag com it and got 00561 mixture adaption, looked into possible causes and decided I'd probably got a boost leak so today I swapped the hose for a samco.

Also replaced the lambda for a newer one as it could of been a cause and I had a spare -went for a blast, again misfire under load, you can drive through it and still hit 1.7 bar (as it used to be) it's not boost cut, seems ignition related to me.

Got home and pulled the 00537 lambda regulation control limit surpassed.

What are we thinking peeps ? Spark plugs a few months old, it's odd how you can drive through it

Do ignition amplifiers /coils show up on vag com ?

Looking into it amplifiers would also show problems on idle, mine is sweet so I'm looking more to coil packs nowg

Comment

Improved POS diagnostic and fix info

Have a read on this:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/153152.phtml

And this ("One missing and hesitation diagnostic"):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22611.phtml
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Dave cheers

That's what I read and came to the assumption about coil packs.

I'm going to check them first, it idles sweet so I doubt it's the pos units.

I'm hoping it's not fuel pressure related as that seems to be a symptom that comes up on all codes, it's got a new 044 pump but still not fitted a non return valve.

I was thinking this could be related to pressure as I went away for a week and came back and it struggled to start due to no fuel in the lines. Starts fine now though

Comment

Guys any thoughts on this? Switched to 1.8t coilpacks and done away with the pos units now and last night did a boost leak test with no leaks.

00537 control limit surpassed 8-00

Lambda ??

Comment

Try putting the old lambda back in and see if it makes nay difference. The one that's in might be a duffer

Comment

maybe you can check fuel pressure on idle and under high boost
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                maybe you can check fuel pressure on idle and under high boost
                And how is that easily done?

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                  I'm hoping it's not fuel pressure related as that seems to be a symptom that comes up on all codes, it's got a new 044 pump but still not fitted a non return valve.
                  With a 044 pump and proper fuel lines (no kinks) you should have no lack of fuel pressure. However, if your fuel pressure regulator is not up to the new flow or you have a tear in the diaphragm, there might be an issue.

No non-return check valve = harder on your starter due to longer cranking times since the fuel pump is NOT energized with just the key turned to ON. It needs at least 13 RPM to trigger the ECU to energize the fuel pump relay (which in turn energizes the fuel pump).

Click on the appropriate labels in this live map:

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html

Last edited by UrS4boy; 22 October 2014, 20:47.

Comment

Did quite a but of homework on the non return valve but at that time was desparate to fit the new fuel pump and I have to say it's not as bad as I'd thought.
                    Yes as expected occasionally it takes a bit more cranking over but most of the time it starts on the key.

I may have to have a look at the fpr as it's one thing I've never replaced

Comment

@ urs4boy
                      just connect a mechanical fuelpressure gauge on the pressure side of the fuelrail.you can do this by use a longer banjo bolt and put a second banjo eye(dont know how it calls) on it,i made my fuelpressure gauge like this on the engine
                      if you take a long fuel hose you can mount the gauge against the window so you can see the pressure while driving
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

just connect a mechanical fuelpressure gauge on the pressure side of the fuelrail.you can do this by use a longer banjo bolt and put a second banjo eye(dont know how it calls) on it,i made my fuelpressure gauge like this on the engine if you take a long fuel hose you can mount the gauge against the window so you can see the pressure while driving
                        Photos?

PS: That might work on an UrS4 but it will NOT work on an UrS6 because there is no banjo bolt at the fuel rail (it's a silver-soldered fitting/connection).

Comment

if you want, I will take a picture of it
                          i have a AAN engine with AAN fuelrail
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

if you want, I will take a picture of it
                            i have a AAN engine with AAN fuelrail
                            Please. Your fuel rail must be from an UrS4 (which is what I have) so I would like to see what you did.

Comment

yes,engine come from urs4 donor car
                              pictures of my fuelpressure gauge and adjustable fuelpressure regulator
                              Attached Files
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                              X