Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46k RS2 32k on PH

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...di-rs2/2941712
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

£32k...wow for that money I'd be expecting it to look 'showroom' and its not that - door shuts look pretty gunked and pedals have wear. Wonder if the miles can be verified. My 48k miles scout looked cleaner when i handed it back in the summer
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Good lord, even I can confidently say that is way outside a suitable ballpark. Badges have wear, front grill looks shot, not OEM mats, side skirts have wear. The mileage is low but the price needs to be lower too. I think Lloyds was the best example I have seen for a long long time. I did enquire about a kidney sale when that went up for sale. I was more than tempted to blow the house deposit on it.

Comment

having seen it at ADI and following it along the M4 last weekend, it was a top tier example!
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

After having driven the Quattro coachworks Ragusa rs2, I can safely say that most definitely is a minter, this looks tired in comparison. Lloyd's car also looked spanking at ADI, exceptional car considering the mileage.
          F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
          1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Lacquer has lifted on the calipers.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
              Good lord, even I can confidently say that is way outside a suitable ballpark. Badges have wear, front grill looks shot, not OEM mats, side skirts have wear. The mileage is low but the price needs to be lower too. I think Lloyds was the best example I have seen for a long long time. I did enquire about a kidney sale when that went up for sale. I was more than tempted to blow the house deposit on it.

Brilliant.....just had to.

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
              These conversations always make me laugh. For all you know, this car could be cosmetically perfect, be low miles, have a perfect service history etc. It has OEM wheels and if no other mods are made and it is in fine nick, it is possibly worth approaching what he is asking for. It is afterall, the original S2. Most people on here want ABY's from a tuning point of view but from a classic point of view, the 3b could be the one to get.

On the other hand, that interior, a possible poor record of work, the pics possibly making it look a thousand times better than it actually is etc etc mean that is worth half (if not less) than the asking price.

At the end of the day, it is worth what an interested party is prepared to pay.

I was offered over £7k for my 3b a year ago. Do I think it is worth that? Not really for me to decide, it wasn't my money. All I know is that if I sold it, I would have £7k in the bank but no means to have fun. It was a solid no after I decided that I could not replace the fun with the £7k

One thing is for sure, all the protestations of various parties on here merely satisfy peoples prerogative to have an opinion. That opinion is often based on no knowledge of the car being sold which makes it all quite laughable.

Owners of S2 want prices high, those who don't own but want to own, want the prices low. When they become owners, they will change their tune. It is hilarious.
              Above S2 3B is on at £8,850 and isn't a low miler.
              Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 16 October 2014, 12:21.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

difference is....I dont think anyone would think it was £32k of car...
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                  difference is....I dont think anyone would think it was £32k of car...

Ho ho ho chortle chortle. I don't get involved usually but 100% of people on here would agree with me on this one being hugely over inflated price wise. The same could not be said about you readily telling people their cars are worth anything but their asking price. Back in your box.

Comment

For £32k I think I'd rather have a Nissan GTR!

Comment

Thats just silly money - somebody is dreaming or was ill advised at that price.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Lots of T that price!
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

As I bought Lloyd's RS2 I am really chuffed that someone thinks that they can get 32k for an unmodified example. 0-62 in 4.6 secs is also wishful thinking I guess..
                          Cheers
                          Don
                          ---------------------
                          Everything in perfect working order

Comment

But 180 people paid over 45k for new RHD versions around 20 years ago...
                            Cheers
                            Don
                            ---------------------
                            Everything in perfect working order

Comment

They are probably the same people that bought a new R8 this year... they don't live in the real world with us ordinary folk !
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X