Don't tell my wife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't tell my wife...

Some of you may know me from a few years ago when I bought a damaged 3B (without telling my missus) 2 weeks before my 1st son was born
    Well I've just bought a CQ20v and haven't told her yet. That can wait for a while until it's on the driveway. So don't mention it on facebook please
    But I had to post it here because I'm pretty chuffed with the purchase. If it's as genuine as the advert I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Coupe...torefresh=true

And so begins the "totally stock" versus "just a coupe of mods" internal debate. Just a couple. honest. the interior. and steering wheel. and wooden trims... and.. and.. oh-oh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Very Nice and original!! Panthero Metallic is a beautiful colour and looks in great shape.
    If you decide to stray from standard keep all the parts so you can replace when the
    market values originality more than modifications. Very nice find!!
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Lol should be the title of a new category on the forum!

Nice looking coupe BTW!!!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Nice coupe, congrats

Comment

Welcome back Noel.
          For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Thanks gents
            Yeah I'm really happy with the find. I've had a few searches saved on ebay for the 5 years I've been in Finland and I've seen a few interesting cars. I even came close to buying a 3B at one point. But this car really seems to be well cared for and man I've missed the sound of a 5 pot and... so many things about a coupe. I love my A4 but.. well, I don't have to explain to anyone on here do I?

And yeah I'm sure a whole section or maybe forum could be called "don't tell my wife"
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Great buy and an awesome example, enjoy

Comment

Cheers, I def will.
                I should point out by the way that the 150 quid offer on ebay was the deposit paid by paypal. the rest is going by bank transfer. 150 would have been nice but sadly I paid a bit more
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Welcome back Noel. It's great to see that your passion for coupes hasn't left you. The CQ looks to be in lovely original condition.

Comment

Aye Noel its yersell easy led astray wan mair time by the demon 'rings' --- wull 'they' (the local departments o buchermint) be alloooin ye a pile o scrap coupes lyin in yer gairdin jist lik Glesga or ur they a wee bitty mair particular ower ther in Finland ---an limit ye tae wan runnin an wan fur bits ?
                    02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

Welcome back Noel, looks a really nice example. Cool that its a left hooker, something different.
                      Panthero is an awesome colour
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Congrats on the purchase Noel!
                        I know exactly how you feel... I was reluctant to tell my gf about the CQ20V I was going to buy, and I didn't tell her about the 3B S2 coupe until about a day or two before delivery...
                        (whoops didn't post about that S2 on here yet)
                        The good part is, we never had any arguements over it.
                        The bad part... well, I hardly ever manage to find time to work on those cars

Good luck!

Comment

Welcome back!
                          I always tell my wife about the cars I've bought (well, the ones within sight anyway)
                          I stash the rest on my mates farm now.
                          I've decided to be a hoarder there instead, and have about 6 cars lined up ready once I finish my building work.

Comment

Looks a good'un, just need orange indicators on the front

Very original looking, did spot it on my ebay browsing to be honest

Comment

thanks guys. it does feel good to be back. and yeah I think I'll tell the missus when I'm nipping out for.. erm.. a few days to pick up a car in the UK and drive it back to Finland. It would probably be rude if I said I was going out for milk and came back a week later with a car. although not the first time. well.. I popped out to see a mate for an hour and came back 6 hours later with a coupe.

so anyway.. Sandy, I think my neighbours would take exception to the same pile of cars I used to have in Glasgow. Plus I can't bloody afford them here. Hence buying a 24 year old French car in Wales! Thankfully I have a decent double garage so I have space to work on it without offending the neighbours too much. My boys are always shouting about a black racing car so I have a feeling that if I still have it in another 10 years or so I might be back pedalling on my ancient promises to supply them with a black audi racing car
                              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                              X